Windows 10: Windows 1903/iCloud for Windows App Problem

Discus and support Windows 1903/iCloud for Windows App Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Been using iCloud for Windows app for several years. Updated Windows 10 to 1903 and immediately had issues. iCloud calendar was being split into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nate1984, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Nate1984 Win User

Windows 1903/iCloud for Windows App Problem

Been using iCloud for Windows app for several years. Updated Windows 10 to 1903 and immediately had issues. iCloud calendar was being split into multiple calendars in Outlook and Outlook wasn't syncing with iCloud calendar. Uninstalled iCloud for Windows App and then reinstalled from Windows Store. Now I can't get passed a Outlook Setup Error in the iCloud for Windows Control Panel. Every time I click "apply" I get the Outlook setup error "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding." Spent an hour on the phone with Apple and they claim it's a Windows issue. iCloud add on shows up in Outlook, but can't get passed the iCloud server error.

Again, have Windows 10 (1903) and Outlook 2016.

Appreciate any help. Going on 8 hours and can't seem to fix this.

:)

Nate1984, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Nate1984 Win User

Been using iCloud for Windows app for several years. Updated Windows 10 to 1903 and immediately had issues. iCloud calendar was being split into multiple calendars in Outlook and Outlook wasn't syncing with iCloud calendar. Uninstalled iCloud for Windows
    App and then reinstalled from Windows Store. Now I can't get passed a Outlook Setup Error in the iCloud for Windows Control Panel. Every time I click "apply" I get the Outlook setup error "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding."
    Spent an hour on the phone with Apple and they claim it's a Windows issue. iCloud add on shows up in Outlook, but can't get passed the iCloud server error.

Again, have Windows 10 (1903) and Outlook 2016.

Appreciate any help. Going on 8 hours and can't seem to fix this.

Nate1984, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Nate1984 Win User

I get the "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding" in the iCloud app. The iCloud app is telling me it cannot connect to the server. I've been on with Microsoft Support for 90 mins and they can't figure out the problem
    either. The iCloud add on is in Outlook but for some reason the iCloud app is saying the server stopped responding. Wasn't a problem until I installed the 1903 update.

Here's someone else with the same problem.

"iCloud Server stopped responding" - Apple Community

Nate1984, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 1903/iCloud for Windows App Problem - Similar Threads - 1903 iCloud App

2. Problem with iCloud on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with iCloud on windows 11: Hi i'm having some problems with iCloud on my pc running windows 11 version 23H2 i got iCloud downloaded and set up but its giving me an error saying that " Install Media feature pack to use iCloud" what should i do the download link under that message does not work...
  3. Problem with iCloud on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with iCloud on windows 11: Hi i'm having some problems with iCloud on my pc running windows 11 version 23H2 i got iCloud downloaded and set up but its giving me an error saying that " Install Media feature pack to use iCloud" what should i do the download link under that message does not work...
  4. iCloud App

iCloud App: Is there another way to download the iCloud app if the windows store is blocked by the administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-app/1aaffb2e-865d-4f80-97ed-02ac3af43a01
  5. iCloud for Windows problem

iCloud for Windows problem: In the settings panel for iCloud for Windows there is a section called Bookmarks. It defaults to Internet Explorer (which is so old that it only appears in history books). There is an option to select Firefox instead but when I do (& click 'Apply') it tells me that the iCloud...
  6. Help! I have problems with iCloud for Windows app!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! I have problems with iCloud for Windows app!: Like I just uninstalled it and installed it again, as I was having problems with my photos shot thru my iPad, and they are not uploading to my PC anymore. But I noticed that when I uninstalled iCloud for Windows, the iCloud photos in the file manager is still there, no...
  7. Help! I have problems with iCloud for Windows app!

Help! I have problems with iCloud for Windows app!: Like I just uninstalled it and installed it again, as I was having problems with my photos shot thru my iPad, and they are not uploading to my PC anymore. But I noticed that when I uninstalled iCloud for Windows, the iCloud photos in the file manager is still there, no...
  8. iCloud Problems

iCloud Problems: I have been having problems for a long time with downloading photos from the iCloud. It use to work at some point, but has not for a long time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times with no positive results. Yesterday I did again and now it is taking...
  9. Problem installing iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing iCloud for Windows: Hello, When I try and install iCloud for Windows, it comes up with this error: 'There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor' Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. iCloud app cannot be installed on Windows 10 (There is a problem with this Windows...

iCloud app cannot be installed on Windows 10 (There is a problem with this Windows...: Recently I reinstalled my OS on my Laptop and tried to install iCloud for Windows 10 and unfortunately I am unable to do so because at the end of it I got this error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 windows10. icloud.com

2. how delete icloud for windows from microsoft store and restore from icloud

3. windows 10 icloud setup couldnt be started because the icloud server stopped responding