Windows 10: Windows 1903 now shuts off display and locks pc, instead of just going to lockscreen with...

Discus and support Windows 1903 now shuts off display and locks pc, instead of just going to lockscreen with... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 1903 so I could participate in the AOE:DE multiplayer beta, and ever since my pc no longer just goes to the lockscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Riley Andersen, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows 1903 now shuts off display and locks pc, instead of just going to lockscreen with...

I recently updated to Windows 1903 so I could participate in the AOEWindows 1903 now shuts off display and locks pc, instead of just going to lockscreen with... :DE multiplayer beta, and ever since my pc no longer just goes to the lockscreen after 20 mins with the slideshow playing, it also powers off the display too. Before I updated I had it so my pc went to lockscreen first, then after a certain amount of time it would then power off my displays. Kind of annoying since I have to wait for the screen to turn back on before I can resign-in and get back to whatever it was that I was doing, I have no idea what changed.

:)

Riley Andersen, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

PC persists in shutting down instead of going to sleep.

Hello,

The reason why your Dell notebook shuts down instead of it going to sleep is because of the settings on your system. Kindly check this

link
    . In here, is a thread with the same issue but it has been answered by one my colleagues named
    ThofikhAhamad.

If the problem still persists after doing all of these troubleshooting steps, we suggest that we perform a clean boot for us to verify that there's no third party utility installed causing conflict on your power settings. Here's an

article
    for you to check how to perform it.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Windows 1903 now shuts off display and locks pc, instead of just going to lockscreen with...

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1903 now shuts off display and locks pc, instead of just going to lockscreen with...

1. Windows 1903 now shuts off display and locks pc, instead of just going to lockscreen with... - Similar Threads - 1903 shuts off

2. Windows 11 shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shuts down instead of going to sleep: I have installed Windows 11 on a brand new Dell G5 tower PC. Ever since the upgrade from Windows 10 I find that the PC shuts down unexpectedly instead of going to sleep. It doesn't do this every time the PC goes to sleep, but does so at least once or twice daily....
  3. PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically.: Hello all,I've been having an ongoing issue that googling can't seem to answer so far. Some time ago my desktop PC I specify that because this seems to be a common problem for laptops started to fully shut off when it should just go to sleep. Doesn't matter if its the...
  4. Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes: It started when it takes super long to shutdown. I made sure nothing was running before shutting down and it still takes too long, the screen is off but the actual laptop itself isn't.. But this was fixed by disabling fast startup. Now it does the same on sleep mode. Screen...
  5. PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep: I have put my computer to sleep every night for years and all the sudden it will not go to sleep any more. When I'm done with my work, I go to start > (power icon) > sleep and the screen goes black. Usually at this point a couple seconds later the fans would stop and the...
  6. Windows 10 locking screen instead of shutting off display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 locking screen instead of shutting off display: Ok boys, I am so ridiculously aggravated with Windows right now. I recently re-installed Windows and apparently the computer was possessed during the reinstall. I'm finally on the last of the issues that I've had to fix. Windows absolutely refuses to just turn off my...
  7. PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS OFF: While I am using my computer doing whatever, my computer randomly changes to a blue screen that says Locking with the windows 10 loading circle for a few seconds and the shuts itself down. I cant find a solution online and its been happening for some time. Thanks in advace...
  8. Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...

Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...: Does anyone know how to solve a problem I keep having on my laptop - every time I press sleep, it shuts down (meaning I lose everything I had open) and every time I leave it on for more than 10 minutes without use, it shuts down also - since I can't press the sleep button as...
  9. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping: Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.) Suggestions? Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version...
  10. Monitor shuts off instead of going to sleep in Windows 10

Monitor shuts off instead of going to sleep in Windows 10: I've only had this problem since using Windows 10, and it keeps returning. After a fresh reinstall the screen sleep function works properly, but eventually something gets borked and instead of going to sleep, it shuts off. Normally in sleep mode moving the mouse or tapping a...