Windows 10: Windows 1903. Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection missing.

Discus and support Windows 1903. Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection missing. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I first noticed this in the Nightly version of Fx under their Security Software list in about:support. The Antispyware name was blank. I believe prior... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by streetwolf, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 1903. Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection missing.

I first noticed this in the Nightly version of Fx under their Security Software list in about:support. The Antispyware name was blank. I believe prior to Windows 10 1903 it was listed as Windows Defender Antispyware or something like that.

Looking at Windows 10 1903 Security and Maintenance|Security only the Firewall and AV is listed. I believe, might be wrong on this, that it used to say something like Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection.Can anyone else who only uses Windows Defender on 1903 confirm that there is no antispyware program listed under S&M/Security? If so, is it now baked into the AV and not listed separately? I found a reg entry that if you create it an enable it is supposed to activate PUS and PUP but that still doesn't show up in any listing.

:)

streetwolf, Jun 12, 2019

2. "Spyware and Unwanted software Protection". Whats with this notification???

if anyone has this problem but has antivirus installed follow this step by step guide to disable it

in search bar on the task bar type control panel then click on system and security then security and maintenance then under security tab it will say
    spyware and unwanted software protection (important)
    under this click the blue writing that says turn of messages about spyware and unwanted software protection.

now your done no more notifications for spyware and unwanted software protection

microwolve, Jun 12, 2019
  3. BugraS Win User
    "Spyware and Unwanted software Protection". Whats with this notification???

Why does everyone think hiding the message solves the problem? THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION Your suggestion is to pull the fuse of the service light in your car so that it won't annoy you anymore.

BugraS, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Windows 1903. Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection missing.

spyware and unwanted software protection

I keep trying to turn on virus protection because the message "spyware and unwanted software protection" keeps appearing, and it tells me to start now on so I turn it on and 3 seconds later it turns off automatically and says my PC is at risk. Did anyone
    have this problem? What did you do? And should I take it to get checked out?

annavelestrao, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1903. Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection missing.

1. Windows 1903. Spyware and Unwanted Software Protection missing. - Similar Threads - 1903 Spyware Unwanted

2. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  3. Unwanted software Running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted software Running in background: A software is running and it is using 60%-80% of my cpu i notice this when I open "NZXT CAM" software. I can see what software is running heavily and I saw visual features and whenever I open task manager to close it the visual feature that is causing my cpu to run at 90%...
  4. Protection software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection software: Please advise of the best and affordable anti malaware, anti virus software available. I have windows defender running, is that ok OS: Windows 10 Accidentally pressed 1-news and it is pushing nonsense. It tempted me with a book, I was searching. My mistake. I have followed...
  5. Protection software

in Windows 10 Support
    Protection software: Please advise of the best and affordable anti malaware, anti virus software available. I have windows defender running, is that ok OS: Windows 10 Accidentally pressed 1-news and it is pushing nonsense. It tempted me with a book, I was searching. My mistake. I have followed...
  6. Unwanted Software

Unwanted Software: What is the best way to remove "one-updater" from my computer running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041388? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-software/1ab52d26-8cd8-40c0-85cb-b13b45dc4094
  7. spyware protection can't be found

spyware protection can't be found: I can't connect to my school net.Because the spyware protection can't be found other people's pc show windows defender in the spyware protection. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Anti-Spyware Software

Anti-Spyware Software: Does Windows Defender include anti-spyware software? I have Windows Defender on my Windows 10 PC, but don't know if it includes anti-spyware. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-spyware-software/2adfddce-5c37-4053-82c1-46931c355666
  9. Spyware and virus protection.

Spyware and virus protection.: Do I need McAfee protection with Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spyware-and-virus-protection/73d11fed-3b86-4df0-81da-f445ce928131"
  10. unwanted software removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted software removal: Hi Team, I can see lot of versions of same software is installed in the system. Which one is correct and which one is needed I am not sure. I need some tool to remove the unwanted software ; as my system takes long time to load and kills my harddisk read. one more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spyware unwanted software protection

2. disable defender in windows 1903

3. is windows tamper protection new with the upgrade to 1903?