Windows 10: Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option

Discus and support Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks in advance Used to run 1803 and resisted updating because I just knew stuff would break, plus they change the look of things and I don't like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by armorhide406, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option

Thanks in advance

Used to run 1803 and resisted updating because I just knew stuff would break, plus they change the look of things and I don't like it. But I decided to format my C: in a bid to speed up my computer and so I had to reinstall windows. Naturally stuff broke.

Per the installation prompt, I made an account using my Microsoft login, but then as soon as I could I made a local account and deleted it. Then I found out for some reason the Libraries under This PC are linked to BS219\OneDrive, specifically Documents and Pictures, where everything else is just under BS219\

I tried unlinking my OneDrive, then I uninstalled it, to no avail. Trying to repath it to BS219\Documents says I can't because there exists a folder in that path and access is denied.

The OneDrive folder won't delete from my computer, although the stuff inside will, the folder itself persists. BS219\OneDrive\Pictures says it's unavailable since its been deleted, and creating one has the same issue of file path conflict.

Also I can't for the life of me get rid of the 3D Objects folder

In Settings, I have it so that new files save to C: and I don't know why it would go to OneDrive. I think rebooting may have cause OneDrive to automatically reinstall. Great. Is there a way to prevent it? I didn't have this issue before. My library was local, and OneDrive was separate and not the default save location.

While I'm at it, I've tried command prompt as administrator and registry editor to add sleep both to Power Options in my power plan and when clicking on the power button. I was able to add Hibernate through Power Options, and I can toggle it with registry but sleep doesn't want to exist. Specifically I want to be able to set it up that power button and lid down put to sleep rather than full hibernate.

:)

armorhide406, Jul 22, 2020

2. Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option

Thanks in advance

Used to run 1803 and resisted updating because I just knew stuff would break, plus they change the look of things and I don't like it. But I decided to format my C: in a bid to speed up my computer and so I had to reinstall windows. Naturally stuff broke.

Per the installation prompt, I made an account using my Microsoft login, but then as soon as I could I made a local account and deleted it. Then I found out for some reason the Libraries under This PC are linked to BS219\OneDrive, specifically Documents and Pictures, where everything else is just under BS219\

I tried unlinking my OneDrive, then I uninstalled it, to no avail. Trying to repath it to BS219\Documents says I can't because there exists a folder in that path and access is denied.

The OneDrive folder won't delete from my computer, although the stuff inside will, the folder itself persists. BS219\OneDrive\Pictures says it's unavailable since its been deleted, and creating one has the same issue of file path conflict.

Also I can't for the life of me get rid of the 3D Objects folder

In Settings, I have it so that new files save to C: and I don't know why it would go to OneDrive. I think rebooting may have cause OneDrive to automatically reinstall. Great. Is there a way to prevent it? I didn't have this issue before. My library was local, and OneDrive was separate and not the default save location.

While I'm at it, I've tried command prompt as administrator and registry editor to add sleep both to Power Options in my power plan and when clicking on the power button. I was able to add Hibernate through Power Options, and I can toggle it with registry but sleep doesn't want to exist. Specifically I want to be able to set it up that power button and lid down put to sleep rather than full hibernate.

armorhide406, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    default saved locations

Hi Ashley,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• How did you transfer your pictures from OneDrive to your computer?
    • How were you trying to change the default save location?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option

default saved locations

Hi Ashley,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• How did you transfer your pictures from OneDrive to your computer?
    • How were you trying to change the default save location?

We're looking forward to your reply.

well I went to one drive and right click the photos file, which is a zip folder, and chose to download. I clicked save as and clicked which file to put it in, which was pictures that is under PC (this computer), now I went to delete the picture files that
    were under the one drive folder, after the download, however when I went to click the picture files under PC the file was not able to be located because of one drive all of sudden. So I restored the pictures I deleted from under one drive and BAM! The picture
    file under PC is back! I came to the conclusion that the default storage is set to one drive for documents and pics, and it is. okay so I went to settings and storage and I'm changing the save locations from one drive to "this pc" but when I click apply it
    goes right back to one drive.

I went to the one drive settings found in my hidden icons and changed documents and pics to "pc only" guess what? it's still defaulting to one drive. I rest my computer and everything now I can't even find one drive in my hidden icons no more.

Yes, you're correct. In Windows 10, the default save location for new documents and pictures is OneDrive. To change the default location, please check this
    article. In this article, you will also see
    the steps on how to move your files.

To locate your OneDrive, press Windows key > type OneDrive > select
    OneDrive.

Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option 03edc4ec-f77a-4ada-beb4-62a30705d22c.jpg

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option

1. Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option - Similar Threads - 1909 Default Save

2. Default save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  3. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  4. Default Save As Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  5. Default Save As Location

Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  6. Default save locations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default save locations: Hi all At the moment when doing a windows install I use the inbuilt save locations within w10 to point all locations to a 2nd partition. I then manually find the desktop and download folders within the user profile and manually move them to the 2nd partition. Is there a...
  7. Default SAVE location

Default SAVE location: I am sick and tired of OneDrive. I go look for a document and can't find it on my PC because Excel or Word saved it to OneDrive How do I stop ANY programs WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, PDF editors, any from saving to OneDrive? I want the documents on my PC, not a OneDrive folder....
  8. Default save locations

Default save locations: I am able to see where I can change my default save locations, however, it only shows my (C:) drive and not my other drives on the network. Is it possible to add new locations, and if so, how?...
  9. Default location - One Drive

Default location - One Drive: I have recently reset my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10. The target location for storing pictures is C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Pictures and but I dont want them to save to OneDrive, I want them to save to my laptop. When trying to redirect the folder that they save in I...
  10. Default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default save location: I have a small SSD holding my OS, and a large HDD for everything else. I am trying to change the default install path to my storage drive, but when I go to settings, system, storage, I am unable to change the default install path to my storage drive (F:). Everything else...