Windows 10: Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore

Discus and support Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i use the file explorer to search for stuff which i do alot it no longer auto searches is this a new lame feature microsft put in to remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billyhatcher341, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore

when i use the file explorer to search for stuff which i do alot it no longer auto searches is this a new lame feature microsft put in to remove the easy to use features in windows 10 cause it auto searching before i hit enter makes it worth using

:)

billyhatcher341, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

I just enabled Windows Search and get the same. I think it's how it's supposed to work:

Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore [​IMG]

I get the same if using a third party search utility to delete files. The deleted files remain visible until the window is refreshed.

However if I use WizTree to search a directory then delete a file it does get marked as deleted.

Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore [​IMG]

Callender, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

If I use the "new" search function (in the windows 10 b1909 file explorer) to list all pdf in my actual directory and all subdirectories I type *.pdf in the higher right corner search field and get the correct result.

But if I mark them all (CTRL+a) and press the DEL key, it doesn't refresh the result anymore (the list of pdf remain visible. If I try to delete this files again, I get an error message, that this files doesn't exist anymore, still remaining in the search result).
    In most cases, I even have to restart the explorer.exe to get back my working file explorer.

Is this a known issue since build 1909?

Do you know how to get the list refreshing automatically without restart of the process "explorer.exe"?

WTenNewbie, Dec 17, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

If I type pdf in File Explorer search I see an instant list of pdf files in that folder, selecting one in the list opens the pdf file. Typing *.pdf in search searches the folder and produces a complete list in File Explorer of the pdf files in the folder.
    Version 1909 build 18363.476

Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore 8367888a-9c91-40f3-b4a6-9cd3ac248467?upload=true.png

This is expected behavior, by design. If you have problems with search then there is a problem with the install of Windows 10 on your device.

I would suggest system file scans, in the first instance.

Method 1:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

after the scan is complete type the following and press Enter

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

then use method 2.

Method 2:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

After completing the scans restart using Start > Power > Restart.

neilpzz, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore

1. Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore - Similar Threads - 1909 file explorer

2. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Hello, New to this, hopefully I did this correctly Question asked, but " This thread is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-working-in-windows-10/3c70ea75-79a8-4f3b-b10a-86be1f22931c As some/many have posted,...
  3. File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching: Before my computer was forced to update (after being spammed every hour to update), I could type anything to the search bar of file explorer and it would begin searching. Now, instead, I have to press enter or click the search button for the search to begin. Is this a bug...
  4. explorer search doesnt show folders anymore

explorer search doesnt show folders anymore: is there a way to make them appear again? right after i postponed a update folders no longer show up in searches. submitted by /u/Riime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcnpei/explorer_search_doesnt_show_folders_anymore/
  5. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2llqd/this_1909_file_explorer_search_is_a_complete_mess/
  6. Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?: If I use the "new" search function (in the windows 10 b1909 file explorer) to list all pdf in my actual directory and all subdirectories I type *.pdf in the higher right corner search field and get the correct result. But if I mark them all (CTRL+a) and press the DEL key, it...
  7. Error on file search on File explorer after 1909

Error on file search on File explorer after 1909: Hello. After update 1909, the search on file explorer does not work properly. I really wish back to old type search or find anyone help me. When the search does not properly, the symptoms are as below; Firstly, I could not click the search box even left or right...
  8. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring". Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm...
  9. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  10. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 1909 File explorer refresh continuously and the task bar

2. how to search file without pressing enter

3. search bar without pressing enter windows file explorer

4. powershell command to fix 1909 search function,
  5. installed version 1909 but explorer doesnt work,
  6. have file explorer search without pressing enter 1909