Windows 10: Windows 1909 keeps redownloading itself even though automatic downloads is off

Discus and support Windows 1909 keeps redownloading itself even though automatic downloads is off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So recently my computer decided to update itself to Windows 1909 (automatic downloads is set on off), seeing how trash that version was (my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John Smith_961, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows 1909 keeps redownloading itself even though automatic downloads is off

Hello,

So recently my computer decided to update itself to Windows 1909 (automatic downloads is set on off), seeing how trash that version was (my computer started lagging and was randomly shutting down) I decided to go back to Windows 1809 and made sure the setting for automatic updates was still set on OFF. What a surprise, now I woke up and my computer has downloaded 1909 AGAIN and now wants me to restart it so it can install. Meaning, I can't even quickly restart it since this shit would install again. My question is, how do I delete the downloaded files and how can I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

:)

John Smith_961, Dec 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mail automatically downloads images

Hello,

I understand that the images are automatically downloaded in Windows Mail. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Open Windows Mail App.
    • Click on the Gear Icon/ Settings on the left bottom.
    • Select Reading in the right corner.
    • Turn Off Automatically download external images and Style Fonts.
    • Restart the Application and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Windows 1909 keeps redownloading itself even though automatic downloads is off

Focus keeps redownloading podcasts

Are you deleting the podcast after you listen to it and then it is redownloading it? Try this:

• Within the Zune software on your computer, go to Collection > Podcasts > choose of the podcasts you are set to download.
    • Right click on the podcast picture in the left navigational panel, select Series Settings. Move the episode slider to 0 then see if that resolves the issue for you.

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1909 keeps redownloading itself even though automatic downloads is off

1. Windows 1909 keeps redownloading itself even though automatic downloads is off - Similar Threads - 1909 keeps redownloading

2. Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.: Hello, After receiving the updates 4-5 days ago, the start menu constantly opens and closes on our Asus FX505 series computers and some Lenovo devices, even though the Windows button is not pressed. We have created a temporary solution via Regedit that renders the start...
  3. Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.: Hello, After receiving the updates 4-5 days ago, the start menu constantly opens and closes on our Asus FX505 series computers and some Lenovo devices, even though the Windows button is not pressed. We have created a temporary solution via Regedit that renders the start...
  4. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  5. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  6. The Xbox app keeps on randomly deleting itself off my PC and I have to redownload everytime...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox app keeps on randomly deleting itself off my PC and I have to redownload everytime...: The Xbox app keeps on randomly deleting itself off my PC and I have to redownload every time I launch Windows 11 this has happened and has been happening for around 3 months now and I can't seem to find any answers anywhere just more questions...
  7. The Xbox app keeps on randomly deleting itself off my PC and I have to redownload everytime...

The Xbox app keeps on randomly deleting itself off my PC and I have to redownload everytime...: The Xbox app keeps on randomly deleting itself off my PC and I have to redownload every time I launch Windows 11 this has happened and has been happening for around 3 months now and I can't seem to find any answers anywhere just more questions...
  8. my windows update service keeps restarting, even though its inactivated, keeps downloading...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows update service keeps restarting, even though its inactivated, keeps downloading...: Heyo! :D ive never been here, i made this account when i was 11 years old.now im a grown **** manchild and more than familiar enough with the OS to pose a question, that i suspect you don't want me to have the answer to.im poor as dirt and i run an unverified windows 10...
  9. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  10. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off: Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm...