Windows 10: Windows 1909 PC update will not start

Discus and support Windows 1909 PC update will not start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a recent 1909 update on 06/18, my PC won't start. The last update was successful. I get a dark screen with the Windows square blue and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Monica234_286, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Windows 1909 PC update will not start

After a recent 1909 update on 06/18, my PC won't start. The last update was successful.

I get a dark screen with the Windows square blue and underneath that the dotted circles that rotate a bit, then stop all together. I can wait hours and nothing happens

I have created a bootable usb and tried everything

I don't want to lose all my data.

any other idea?

Thank you

:)

Monica234_286, Jun 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 18, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 18, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 1909 PC update will not start

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 1909 PC update will not start

1. Windows 1909 PC update will not start - Similar Threads - 1909 update start

2. Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc: After getting on my PC this morning after an update last night, I noticed my audio was no longer working. Weirdly enough I cannot fix it even after forcing windows audio services to restart multiple times. All my drivers are working correctly. I also cannot open my documents...
  3. Windows Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 1909: My laptop was working just fine. Running Windows Home Edition. When I checked for available updates. Windows UPDATE 1909 showed as available. I went ahead and installed UPDATE 1909. The installation never did finish. After many hours I just forced a shut down pushing...
  4. window 1909 update PC will not boot

window 1909 update PC will not boot: after a recent 1909 update done on 6/15, my PC will not boot. Last update done on 5/26 was successful. I have created a boot usb and have tried all the things in the problems reported, but nothing gets past this boot issue. I do have an old backup on a second internal...
  5. Windows update 1909

Windows update 1909: So everytime I check windows update, the update states I need to install the cumulative update for windows version 1909. This happens EVERY TIME despite the fact that I have already installed it at least twice. When I check in the settings for the version I have it states I...
  6. Windows Update 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 1909: After my laptop updated to the Windows 10 version 1909, I no longer had the calendar app that comes on the other versions of Windows 10. Is there any way that I can download that app, so that I can reinstall it on my laptop?? If so, can someone point me in the right...
  7. Windows 10 (november update 1909) no longer starts after Windows Update!

Windows 10 (november update 1909) no longer starts after Windows Update!: My father's computer stopped starting after an update. I was totally unable to repair it using standard methods, nor DISM or SFC. So I tried reinstalling it... First over the existing system, then wiped the drive. The system worked both times until the Windows Update...
  8. updating to windows 1909

updating to windows 1909: i am currently trying to update to windows 10 to 1909 from 1803, everytime i do it either A. gets stuck on 100% download B gets stuck on working on updates and then restarts i cannot use windows update assistant thing as im unable to use external storage with it. All help...
  9. WINDOWS UPDATE 1909

WINDOWS UPDATE 1909: Hello guys im experiencing problem with windows update my current windows version is 1809.. I've tried to update my windows to version 1909 and yes it downloads but when it reach to 94% my pc restarts I tried using ISO for update when i launch setup my pc restarts i tried...
  10. acer pc won't update to 1909

acer pc won't update to 1909: I have an ACER M3985 that will not update from Windows 1803. Reason I found is that this model does not support Windows after 1803 Windows version(confirmed by Acer). Maybe others many want to check with there PC maker as this could be possible issues with other PC makes....