Windows 10: Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart

Discus and support Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys, so my computer is on windows 10 1909, and windows has been prompting me to restart my computer for ages in order to update. problem is, every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChalkyMonk89811, May 25, 2021.

1. Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart

hi guys, so my computer is on windows 10 1909, and windows has been prompting me to restart my computer for ages in order to update. problem is, every time i click on "update and restart", it goes smoothly till the part where windows tells you that it is going to restart several times. the update percentage will&n

:)

ChalkyMonk89811, May 25, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 25, 2021
  3. Zaspera Win User
    black screen upon restart

i just installed drivers for a geforce 210..restarted for it to take effect and all i get on restart is a black screen after windows loads etc but the monitor is on..any idea what to do?

Zaspera, May 25, 2021
  4. Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart

Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart

1. Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart - Similar Threads - 1909 20h2 update

2. Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting: Before I restarted the computer, it worked alright but after I updated and restarted, it does not show anything at all, since this restart was combined with an update, what should I do?...
  3. Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting: Before I restarted the computer, it worked alright but after I updated and restarted, it does not show anything at all, since this restart was combined with an update, what should I do?...
  4. Windows black screen of death after updating and restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.: Hey when i updated my windows 1909quality update i started having black screen of death. I could use everything using task manager create new task. A important information is that it fixes after 10-40 minutes. So please help!! I missed a day's class trying to fix it. System...
  6. Black screen after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after 20H2 update: Hello, I’ve tried updating my computer to 20H2 update about 20 times already, every time the update finishes I get a black screen with no cursor, task manager doesn’t work, nothing works, and I have to restart my computer every time to “Undoing changes made to your computer”....
  7. No internet after updating to version 20H2 and 1909

No internet after updating to version 20H2 and 1909: I've been unable to successfully update my PC to version 20H2 and 1909. I've tried 9 times since September for version 1909 and 3 times since March for 20H2. After updating my PC I lose connection to the internet. Is there a solution to this? Thanks....
  8. Black screen after Windows 10 2004/20H2 update

Black screen after Windows 10 2004/20H2 update: Hello, I've tried updating Windows a couple of times now. I've tried updating via Windows Update, Windows Upgrade Assistant, Windows Media Creation Tool and a bootable USB created using Rufus and it's included download tool. When I first login after upgrading I get the...
  9. PC not restarting on its own after update from Windows 10 1909 to 20H2

PC not restarting on its own after update from Windows 10 1909 to 20H2: Hi, I am updating Windows 10 from 1909 version to 20H2. After downloading the Windows 10 20H2 update using media creation tool and selecting the option upgrade my PC now, it did download and install. And then I got a prompt that the PC will restart many times. It's been 7...
  10. Windows Update: 1909 to 20H2

Windows Update: 1909 to 20H2: I have had Windows 1909 for a long time. I have waiting for windows 10 2004 but it never. Recently i downloaded windows 10 update assistant it says i can update windows 10 to 20H2. What should i do?...