Windows 10: Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen

Discus and support Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to update my laptop to the 1909 update and when it finishes installing it get stuck on the manufacturer logo screen and doesn't boot. it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by francogomez1, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen

I am trying to update my laptop to the 1909 update and when it finishes installing it get stuck on the manufacturer logo screen and doesn't boot. it's the 4th time I try to install it and nothing, I tried installing it with the windows update option, downloading it with the media creation tool, downloaded a windows image and tried to install it from scratch but always the same, stuck on the boot screen. I don't know what to do since every time I try to go back to the 1803 version it keeps asking me to update to the new one and my laptop just won't work with it. this also happens with the 1903 version.

:)

francogomez1, Dec 21, 2019

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Stuck on Yellow Boot Screen

Hi Prometeo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that after updating the system it is stuck at boot screen. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which was the latest update you tried to update your system?
    • What is the make and model of you PC/Laptop?
    • Are you able to get into Desktop screen after waiting for long time?
    • What happens when you force shutdown and restart the machine?
    Please post us back with above information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen

1. Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen - Similar Threads - 1909 update stuck

2. Windows stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck on boot screen: Hello! My PC is stuck on the booting screen after installing PrimeOS. Now do I need to reinstall Windows? If I need to do that, how can I do that without using any other PC?...
  3. Windows update stuck on 1909 ..

Windows update stuck on 1909 ..: Hi,I am looking desperately for help to get my desktop to the latest update. I have done everything that I have been able to find in the community but am still not able to get through the update. I have personally read and follow your recommendations but no luck.Here is my...
  4. Windows Update stuck on boot screen

Windows Update stuck on boot screen: I have a dell laptop running windows 10 version 1511 and I want to update it to the latest version of windows 10. I use the update assistant to update my laptop and click on the restart now button to update. After clicking the restart button, it gets stuck on the boot up...
  5. Windows update to 1909 is stuck on manufacture logo screen

Windows update to 1909 is stuck on manufacture logo screen: when I try to update windows 10 to update 1909, the install freezes after the computer restarts and it just stops on the manufacture logo screen. I have reset the computer but it is still happening....
  6. window 1909 update PC will not boot

window 1909 update PC will not boot: after a recent 1909 update done on 6/15, my PC will not boot. Last update done on 5/26 was successful. I have created a boot usb and have tried all the things in the problems reported, but nothing gets past this boot issue. I do have an old backup on a second internal...
  7. Stuck at boot logo screen while updating to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at boot logo screen while updating to 1909: I was updating my PC to 1909 after remaining too much time on 1809 and it was doing fine until it did the first restart after probabily getting to around 30%. I've been stuck for quite nearly 30 minutes and i had to push the Num Lock key eveytime i get to the boot screen due...
  8. Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%

Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%: Hi, I am trying to update my Windows 10 Version 1809 to 1909, but it keeps getting stuck at 91%. I even left it running overnight in case it was a really large update, but it was still 91% in the morning. Please help! Thank you in advance :...
  9. Windows stuck on welcome screen after 1909 update

Windows stuck on welcome screen after 1909 update: Hi there, I managed to update Windows from version 1903 to 1909. However, after entering my password to log in to my account, the screen becomes blurry and the little wheel appears, but nothing else. I can't get back to Windows and I've tried everything I could find on the...
  10. Update to 1909 Restore Stuck

Update to 1909 Restore Stuck: I attempted to install the update to 1909 but it failed and began a restore to the previous installed version which ran for several days. Subsequently I hard shutdown the system, but upon restart it continued to try to restore. I let it run several more days. Still stuck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1909 stuck boot

2. windows ipdate 1909 broke boot

3. windows 10 1909 gets stuck at windows logo

4. windows 1909 update hang boot logo,
  5. 1909 update stuck at boot