Windows 10: Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to...

Discus and support Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber is taking long time to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since the May 2020 Windows10 1909 update my machine hangs 2 minutes on the login screen after I type in my PIN. The login dots spin for 1.5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kkkwj, Jun 2, 2020.

1. kkkwj Win User

Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber is taking long time to...

Ever since the May 2020 Windows10 1909 update my machine hangs 2 minutes on the login screen after I type in my PIN. The login dots spin for 1.5 minutes before the machine shows the wallpaper, and it's 2 minutes before I see my desktop icons.

It's a new machine, only a few months old, so I think my drivers are all up to date. I updated my GeForce driver anyway.

I have half a dozen of these warnings in the event viewer since the update:

The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event Logon.

I have done nothing to my profile and have not installed any new software. I scanned my disks clean, malware no quarantines, and have no DNS issues that I can think of this is a home computer hardwired to the house router, which is hardwired to the ISP router.

Can anyone help me to debug the problem so that I can restore my previously reasonable login times? Thank you.

:)

kkkwj, Jun 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue:

1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services other than Microsoft services).
    2. Defrag/optimize hard drive (not SSD).
    3. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
    4. Check the Event Viewer.

Here I found multiple warnings and errors:

1. Event 6005, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).
    2. Event 7022, The Connected Devices Platform Service service hung on starting. (and a few like it, only with different services)
    3. Event 6006, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 936 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).
    4. Event 6004, The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> failed a critical notification event.
    5. Event 6001, The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event.

After some googling, I continued with the following steps:

5. Disable "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and "Run logon scripts synchronously" in the Group Policy Editor.
    6. Do an in-place upgrade/repair.

There are probably some other steps I've missed, but I think that covers most of it. I'm fed up with this problem, but I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks in advance!

JFischer00, Jun 2, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 CLIENTS SIGN OUT TAKES LONG TIME

I have client-server setup in an educational institution that includes- 130 client comp (win 10 pro 1803) connected to one windows server 2016.

All machines are new and updated.

there are around 1500 students, uses the computers for basic operations.

I have created roaming profiles with folder redirection (desktop,downloads and documents redirected).

when user logins -It's working fine. (folder redirection GPO works, proper user profiles, no error of temp. profiles)

However after completion of work users have to sign out, so that other students can sign in.

Problem is Sign out takes long time (varying from 20 to 30 minutes). no error in event viewer either on comp or server.

only shows event id 6005/6006 -The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> tooks long time to handle the notification event.

Infrom if there is any way to speed up sign out process.

ManoharAwate, Jun 2, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber is taking long time to...

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 1909 update: The winlogon notification subscriber is taking long time to... - Similar Threads - 1909 update winlogon

2. The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the...: Hi, I've got an issue with my Windows 10 pc. It started yesterday when the computer wouldn't shutdown. Looking through event viewer, the only relating messages are: "The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking a long time to handle the notification event...
  3. Windows Update takes long time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  4. The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the...: For the past few weeks, my computer has been stuck on the please wait start-up screen with the blue background for exactly two minutes following the Windows logo and loading icon screen and before the sign in screen. I have not had the time to try and diagnose the problem...
  5. The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the...

The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> took 120 seconds to handle the...: For the past few weeks, my computer has been stuck on the please wait start-up screen with the blue background for exactly two minutes following the Windows logo and loading icon screen and before the sign in screen. I have not had the time to try and diagnose the problem...
  6. Windows update search take long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update search take long time: Hi, I have a problem since today, since the last windows 20H2 update. When I want to search an update the loading searching take a very long time (~25mn) and I have an error and I can clic on retry. I want to know if this is a known problem ? Thx submitted by /u/TheMagiiK...
  7. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  8. Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init

Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init: My laptop with Windows 10 1909 used to show desktop immediately after typing in the password. Recently after doing updates, it takes about 25 seconds to get to desktop after entering password. Laptop is using NVME drive. I have traced the boot using WPR and couldn't figure...
  9. Windows Update - Taking long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  10. Files takes a long time to open from my profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files takes a long time to open from my profile: Good Day I recently, and suddenly became unable to open files quickly as it used to. Now when I click on any file (word, excel, pdf, picture), it would take a very long time to open, although it would appear in the explorer preview pane. I created another account (local...