Windows 10: Windows 2004, 144hz display flicker when full-screening video.

Discus and support Windows 2004, 144hz display flicker when full-screening video. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know a way to stop the screen flickering when full-screening a video on 144hz display, i got the 2004 update because it fixed some refresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BRITAlN, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Windows 2004, 144hz display flicker when full-screening video.

Does anyone know a way to stop the screen flickering when full-screening a video on 144hz display, i got the 2004 update because it fixed some refresh rate problems but for me all it has done has cause more issues with my screen flickering every time i play anything in full-screen, this is especially annoying with you-tube video.s.

submitted by /u/BRITAlN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BRITAlN, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Jerry Win User

Radeon HD 6990 - not playable in full screen mode

CCC 11.2 display driver is not compatible, the screen native resolution (1920 / 1200) wasn't in the resolution list.

CCC 11.3 works the same way as 11.4, works fine in windowed mode and windowed fullscreen (e.g. no border) but in full screen mode I get non-stop flickering. *Frown Windows 2004, 144hz display flicker when full-screening video. :(

The flickering happens with and without vertical sync enabled.

Edit: tried fraps in another game with the same result - the flickering is showing in game but not in the recorded video.

Jerry, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Screen Flickering while playing videos and touchpad issues

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to playing 4K videos on your PC and touchpad not responding properly. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the exact model number of the PC?
    2. Do you face the same flickering issue if you play a full HD video?

Concerning towards the screen flickering query, it could be possible that the PC screen doesn’t support 4K and that might be the reason you are facing the flickering. One of the things that I suggest is to try playing a 1080p (full HD) video and see
    if the same issue occurs.

However, you can also try changing some settings in NVidia Control Panel and see if that helps.

1. Right click on Desktop and click on NVidia Control Panel
    2. Now click on Display > Advanced Desktop color settings.
    3. Now, set the content type to this display as
      Desktop Programs
      or Full Screen Video.
    4. Click on Apply.

Regarding the touchpad issue, you may want to refer the article
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows 2004, 144hz display flicker when full-screening video.

Screen flickering while watching videos full screen

It just started recently that everytime I watch any video in full screen, that screen it is on flickers. I have seen, that it happens if any other program causes any popup (like Origins "a friend started playing X game"), but it is not limited to this.

My PC itself is working fine, meaning that powersupply and driver etc. are all okay. I reinstalled windows 2-3 months back (the flickering might have started after this but not sure).

What could be a cause for this flickering and how can I fix it?

Note: The flickering is a blackscreen of about 5-10 frames I'd guess and it happens about 3-5 times within like 2 seconds and can occur everywhere in the video. I have the feeling, that the less active I am on the second screen, the less flickering I have. Also if I rewind the video after a flickering, the flickering does most of the time not occur again.

Specs:

• Asus GTX 1070 TI
    • Asus ROG STRIX Z270F
    • Intel I7-7700K
    • 2x Acer Predator XB241H
    • 650W power supply

If you need any more info feel free to ask

XtremeBaumer, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2004, 144hz display flicker when full-screening video.

1. Windows 2004, 144hz display flicker when full-screening video. - Similar Threads - 2004 144hz display

2. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  3. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  4. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar show when full screen video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar show when full screen video: i have some issue on the taskbar after update to windows 11. When i watch video in full screen, the taskbar always show on the bottom and i can't use shortcut key like space to pause the video....
  6. taskbar show when full screen video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar show when full screen video: i have some issue on the taskbar after update to windows 11. When i watch video in full screen, the taskbar always show on the bottom and i can't use shortcut key like space to pause the video....
  7. W10 - Screen flicker when first displaying images / video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 - Screen flicker when first displaying images / video: Good morning,I'm looking for some support as when I startup my device, after letting windows load, and go onto something such as facebook or youtube or if I launch a game first my whole screen and sometimes screens flicker black for 3-7 seconds before coming back on, this is...
  8. No display signal in Windows at 144hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display signal in Windows at 144hz: So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not have this issue with the Asus model nor with my old Nvidia graphics card I was using just a week ago so I have ruled out a...
  9. Screen flickers when games played on full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers when games played on full screen: Screen flickers when I play games on fullscreen, It's fine on windowed mode. I am having this problem since a year now, I have been using V-Sync feature on games as a bypass to this problem but there are new games which don't offer this feature, neither does the Intel...
  10. BSOD when putting videos into full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when putting videos into full screen: Hello, I've been having BSOD when I put videos from youtube into full screen. I've been searching online on what to do and found this site. I tried updating some display drivers but, it never helped. 54098