Windows 10: Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place

Discus and support Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help. I just finished a clean install of 2004 and after I was done with everything, I wanted to listen to some music just to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrHugelberg, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place

Hello,

I need some help.

I just finished a clean install of 2004 and after I was done with everything, I wanted to listen to some music just to find out that my sound is completely broken on 2004.
    Everythings is crackling / distorted and it litterally hurts my ears. I'm using an external DAC and headphone amp. It happens with and w/o driver (Schiit Modi 2)

Now my question is: Is anyone experience the same issues? Does anyone have any advice for me other than reverting back to 1909. Onboard audio is fine (realtek) but obviously I don't want to use that and it isn't a solution at all, when I have a dedicated AMP.

I uploaded 2 samples so you could hear the issues yourself.

https://dropmefiles.com/BZ4Jb

Any help greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/MrHugelberg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrHugelberg, Jul 12, 2020
  2. LITEchazr Win User

Video distortion, sound crackling

Hi all !

Finally built my dream PC. Overall the experience has been bittersweet, as youtube videos are very distorted when I use google chrome (but works fine on edge), sometimes a white line would appear in a window then disappear, and sound is sometimes crackling horribly (but goes away when I restart the application).

Here is my build
    System Builder

Would anyone know where those issues are coming from ?
    Thanks in advance !

LITEchazr, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Opie540 Win User

Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place

1. Windows 2004 audio issues. Sound is crackling and distorted all over the place - Similar Threads - 2004 audio issues

2. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  3. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: I’ve been having this issue for quite a while now where when if I use any audio source other than my usb headphones the audio will crackle and pop and almost sound delayed/slowed. I have tried almost every forum response in hope of anything happening to which it does not...
  4. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: Hello all. Been at this problem for a few days now and running out of ideas. Things were running fine until the last windows update, which ended up bricking my PC. The update hung halfway through the process. 4 hours later, I reset the PC. On start up, I immediately got the...
  6. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.: Hello all. Been at this problem for a few days now and running out of ideas. Things were running fine until the last windows update, which ended up bricking my PC. The update hung halfway through the process. 4 hours later, I reset the PC. On start up, I immediately got the...
  7. Popping, crackling, distorted audio on HDMI only.

8. Audio Crackling Issues

Audio Crackling Issues: I have a Dell Inspiron 3880 PC running Windows 10. Recently I bought some Taotronics external speakers for my computer. Ever since I plugged it in, there has been a constant crackling noise, even when it's not playing audio. I tried reinstalling the driver, changing the power...
  9. Audio crackling issue

Audio crackling issue: I am facing audio crackling issue on my laptop when i use it on battery i.e. it is not plugged in . I have tried reinstalling all the drivers and updating them. I have also checked dpc latency and it is above 1000um .I have also installed a fresh copy of windows 10 but the...
  10. high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds)

high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds): Hi guys, Yesterday evening I was watching some youtube videos when suddenly the sound cut out. I turned the volume back up only to find there was a loud staticky crackling pop as the only audio output. Audio output is fine on headphones. I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 (with...