Windows 10: Windows 2004 Feature Update Logs Me Out Of Everything Outlook, Chrome, etc. At Lock/Reboot

Discus and support Windows 2004 Feature Update Logs Me Out Of Everything Outlook, Chrome, etc. At Lock/Reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In June of 2020, I installed the Windows 2004 Feature Update. Ever since then, I have experienced an issue where I am logged out of all accounts on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeffreyabr, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows 2004 Feature Update Logs Me Out Of Everything Outlook, Chrome, etc. At Lock/Reboot

In June of 2020, I installed the Windows 2004 Feature Update.

Ever since then, I have experienced an issue where I am logged out of all accounts on my PC most of the time I lock or reboot my PC.

I have seen many references to this on blogs or forums, but none of the prescribed solutions work for me. I have checked that the options in Chrome to prevent clearing cookies when I quit are not enabled. Outlook always asks that I log back in to my account when I launch after a reboot. I am consistently prompted to log back in to my Microsoft account within Windows. And any network drives I have mapped forget their credentials after a reboot.

Someone has suggested that it is a Microsoft Windows bug that has to do with the following:

> locking flushes the dpapisrv master key cache, so if that workaround works that narrows down the problem.

For the smaller number of search results for this issue, and the fact that it has persisted almost a full year, I have a hard time believing that it is still unresolved, however I am unable to find any solution that has worked.

Is there something out there that anyone knows of to fix this?

:)

Jeffreyabr, Jan 15, 2021
  2. rebop Win User

Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be and all other updates would be. Now all are there and I do not yet care to install the feature update.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks.

Win 10 1909

rebop, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Issue after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

On 06/12/2020 My Laptop get updated with Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. After the updation I’m finding few issue in my laptop.

They are listed as:

1. The up arrow key is not working.
    2. Pressing Caps lock key activate hot key. Once Caps lock key pressed 4444 or ////// keep on typing until the interruption.
    3. You Tube videos get stuck up in the middle and to fix it I need to restart it.

ShekharRanjan, Jan 15, 2021
  4. smpkelly Win User

Windows 2004 Feature Update Logs Me Out Of Everything Outlook, Chrome, etc. At Lock/Reboot

Windows 10 update 2004

Since Windows 10 update 2004 installed:

In Outlook, I have to log-in separately to each email account, after every startup. Checking 'Save these details' makes no difference.

No cookies are ever saved in my browser (Chrome).

My Google account always shows 'Paused' whenever I start Chrome; I;m checking other browsers.

No passwords get saved in Chrome.

BT Cloud can longer log itself in without help.

(Dropbox is OK and unaffected by these behaviours.)

Is anyone else experiencing this? These never show up in 'official' lists of issues.

smpkelly, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 2004 Feature Update Logs Me Out Of Everything Outlook, Chrome, etc. At Lock/Reboot

1. Windows 2004 Feature Update Logs Me Out Of Everything Outlook, Chrome, etc. At Lock/Reboot - Similar Threads - 2004 Feature Update

2. Windows 11 logs me out of everything after every update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logs me out of everything after every update: The machine I have been using for 5 months was new then, supplied with OEM W11.EVERY time I install a Windows update, I am:Logged out of OneDriveLogged out of every website I am using, like all the cookies have been removedForced to uninstall / reinstall Whatsapp Desktop,...
  3. Windows 11 logs me out of everything after every update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 logs me out of everything after every update: The machine I have been using for 5 months was new then, supplied with OEM W11.EVERY time I install a Windows update, I am:Logged out of OneDriveLogged out of every website I am using, like all the cookies have been removedForced to uninstall / reinstall Whatsapp Desktop,...
  4. Windows signing me out of everything after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows signing me out of everything after reboot: All the sudden, Windows is signing me out of a bunch of things after I reboot... All my accounts in Outlook a couple are Exchange, many are IMAP, one is gmail are signed out, one drive is signed out, edge has me signed out of every website even ones that are persistently...
  5. Windows signing me out of everything after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows signing me out of everything after reboot: All the sudden, Windows is signing me out of a bunch of things after I reboot... All my accounts in Outlook a couple are Exchange, many are IMAP, one is gmail are signed out, one drive is signed out, edge has me signed out of every website even ones that are persistently...
  6. Windows signing me out of everything after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Chrome Signs me out from everything after rebooting my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome Signs me out from everything after rebooting my windows 10: Hello Guys, Hope you all are well. For the last 5 months of updating to windows 10 version 2004, I am facing an issue that chrome is signing me out every time after I restart my laptop. I have tried many solutions posted in MS help and many else but this didn't solve for me....
  8. Reboot logs me out of Chrome and all Adobe apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot logs me out of Chrome and all Adobe apps: for at least the third time a Windows update this one is version 20H2 signs me out of Chrome and Adobe apps after every reboot. This is EXTREMELY frustrating and time consuming. Please FIX THIS PROBLEM, it is common and I am not the only one....
  9. Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile: When logging in I've used my normal password but Windows gives me one profile (when I have two) and tells me it cannot find user profile! I don't have a password reset disc and from the early days of Win10 and numerous updates have never had this problem. HELP - where to...
  10. Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile: When logging in I've used my normal password but Windows gives me one profile (when I have two) and tells me it cannot find user profile! I don't have a password reset disc and from the early days of Win10 and numerous updates have never had this problem. HELP - where to...