Windows 10: Windows 2004 Force NCSI to say it has internet

Discus and support Windows 2004 Force NCSI to say it has internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like many other posters here, I have run into issues where the computer thinks it does not have internet due to NCSI failing, even though the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Harron, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows 2004 Force NCSI to say it has internet

Like many other posters here, I have run into issues where the computer thinks it does not have internet due to NCSI failing, even though the computer does in fact have internet. The is causing Office authentication to fail. Is there a way to force NCSI to think that it always has internet? The computer is always connected to the internet, so false positives won't be an issue.

:)

David Harron, Aug 5, 2020
  2. netwar Win User

Full Internet Internet Access works but NCSI / Network Icon say No Internet Access

Hi,

VPN on/off made no difference, i.e. I established the VPN, downloaded a file and exited the VPN, and the network connectivity icon remained ok.

About 12 hours later, the issue came back of its own accord. I still have internet access, but the icon says I do not.

There is nothing obvious in the Event Log, even under the NCSI section.

I thought I'd really force a reset of windows components/registry and so updated to Windows Insider Build .rs_prerelease.170624-1334.

The issue is still there. :-(

I assume now I will need to raise the issue under the Insider Preview forum.

Any ideas where to look? Is there a way to enable debug of NCSI?

Thanks

George

netwar, Aug 5, 2020
  3. KenBerns Win User
    Network Connection Status Indicator (NCSI) Showing No Internet, but Browsing Works Fine.

I am using a Fortigate 100D UTM with 65 PCs connected. 22 of them have this issue. All the PCs are on the same Network / Domain so I find it hard to believe that there is a problem with the Router / UTM Firewall as all PCs would
    be showing the same NCSI error.

As for your remaining suggestions; I've done all of these things, multiple times on several different PCs and all returned the same results - NCSI thinks there is No Internet but clicking on the icon resolves the issue, albeit
    temporarily (several hours). Windows Troubleshooter does not find anything wrong with the Network Connection or Internet Connection.

If there were issues with the Firewall, NIC, or AV the "No Internet" issue would remain regardless. Clicking on the NCSI icon initiates a probe of the Internet via WinHTTP and the results of that probe satisfies NCSI requirements
    and the status is changed.

Do you have any information or perhaps a script to test NCSI using WinHTTP?

KenBerns, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Windows 2004 Force NCSI to say it has internet

Reno Sifana Paksi, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2004 Force NCSI to say it has internet

1. Windows 2004 Force NCSI to say it has internet - Similar Threads - 2004 Force NCSI

2. Windows NCSI Showing as Offline, even though there is internet access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows NCSI Showing as Offline, even though there is internet access.: Hi, Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue? The NCSI in Windows 10 is showing as offline even though there is an internet connection. This effects certain desktop apps from opening. Adobe, Outlook Desktop etc. This naturally is slowing down productivity for some of our...
  3. Windows NCSI Showing as Offline, even though there is internet access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows NCSI Showing as Offline, even though there is internet access.: Hi, Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue? The NCSI in Windows 10 is showing as offline even though there is an internet connection. This effects certain desktop apps from opening. Adobe, Outlook Desktop etc. This naturally is slowing down productivity for some of our...
  4. Windows NCSI Showing as Offline, even though there is internet access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. NCSI No internet symbol

NCSI No internet symbol: Hello there,This issue has been driving me mad for weeks.I have thought dozens of internet pages and checked everything that I can think of but on some computers almost all of them laptops I get the no internet symbol, event though internet is just fine.The best reference I...
  6. When to Force 2004 Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When to Force 2004 Update?: I still have not been offered the 2004 update by Windows Update. When should I resort to Update Assistant to install this update. I looked at the ISO method of update but Update Assistant looks more user friendly. With the 2009 update coming in a month or so it seems like now...
  7. 2004 Update NCSI No Network but I have network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update NCSI No Network but I have network: I've searched around a bit and it seems this issue is known since July but still no fix it? The NCSI on my taskbar displays no network but I do in fact have internet. I've tried a few solutions found from searching including uninstalling Intel Proset, changing...
  8. NCSI Causes no internet issue

NCSI Causes no internet issue: I am having a mostly intermittent issue on computers running Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004. Sometimes the computer shows the globe in the bottom right of the task bar stating no internet connectivity, while there is actually internet connectivity. This is causing issues with...
  9. 2004 update VPN Subj: **ADMINISTRATOR ALERT** & NCSI false reporting

2004 update VPN Subj: **ADMINISTRATOR ALERT** & NCSI false reporting: [ATTACH] We run a all Windows 10 enviroment with Intune and we are currently having a lot of problems with the VPN not working after the Windows 10 2004 update. We use the CheckPoint VPN capsule with the built in W10 client. Currently rolling back the entire business....
  10. Windows 10 2004 forcefully requires internet connection to logon.

Windows 10 2004 forcefully requires internet connection to logon.: https://i.imgur.com/xi6MTLh.jpg Windows 10 Pro 2004 clean install, using Microsoft account, only installed new Microsoft Edge and rebooted after running Update for driver installations. Maybe it is to force Windows Hello, who I refused to use since it's launch (sorry, I...