Windows 10: Windows 2004 freezes, won't respond until you manually shut down

Discus and support Windows 2004 freezes, won't respond until you manually shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've posted here before with a similar issue - it was on a different version on Windows. I'm currently using 2004 version. Basically, from time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BookWorm, Sep 5, 2020.

1. BookWorm Win User

Windows 2004 freezes, won't respond until you manually shut down

Hi,

I've posted here before with a similar issue - it was on a different version on Windows. I'm currently using 2004 version.

Basically, from time to my my laptop will completely freeze up. It freezes on a random screen, depending on what I'm doing, mouse doesn't movie, Caps Lock indicator doesn't light up, it's like it's off but with the screen on and stuck on one image.
    I've tried unplugging it when this happens and that indicator works fine (it turns off when unplugged, turns back on when plugged in). Only way to get out of this (short of letting the battery die I guess) is to turn it off using the power button - which isn't really great for multitude of reasons.

Last time I had this issue I ran sfc / scannow command and DISM repair. It worked for the time being, I think it froze maybe once and was fine for 2ish months after that. However, this time sfc /scannow isn't finding any integrity violations

One thing I noticed after running the DISM command is that an issue I had with my network card came back - I'd get random drops which caused the ping to spike (this was happening for a bit when I first bought my laptop but eventually went away on its own). This stopped happening after some times, I can't say that it correlates with when crashing started again, but could it be possible that it's something to do with network card? Or some other piece of hardware?
    All my drivers look fine, there's no errors that I can tell

I'd really appreciate any ideas and help, because I don't really know what to do

Thanks in advance

:)

BookWorm, Sep 5, 2020

2. Windows Folders Randomly Freezing and Not Responding

Once in a while, some of my windows folders, irrespective of the number of files and their size randomly freezes, then shows not responding and shuts down.

When i try and open them again they do the same. over and over.

the only solutions I have found to overcome this is.

1. Restart the System.
    2. Remove a few items from the folder.
    3. Change the Sort by/Group by Format of the folder.

Can anyone suggest what may be the source of the problem; and any solutions ?

Vigneswara Prabhu, Sep 5, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Sep 5, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 2004 freezes, won't respond until you manually shut down - Similar Threads - 2004 freezes won't

2. Windows 10 not responding to Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not responding to Shut Down: My spare Computer, a small LYNX tablet/laptop running on Window 10 does not respond to Shut Down or Restart and I am having to shutdown by switching off the computer. It will then restart when needed but it takes longer than normal to do so.It is running on Version 22H2...
  3. Windows 10 not responding to Shut Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not responding to Shut Down: My spare Computer, a small LYNX tablet/laptop running on Window 10 does not respond to Shut Down or Restart and I am having to shutdown by switching off the computer. It will then restart when needed but it takes longer than normal to do so.It is running on Version 22H2...
  4. Windows 10 not responding to Shut Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. freezing and shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  6. freezing and shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  7. Computer freezes/won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes/won't shut down: My computer randomly locks up. I can move the mouse and call the task manager but programs freeze and when I try to restart/shut down the blue screen appears with the rotating dots but my computer will never shut down. I've left it alone for over 10 hours and nothing happens....
  8. Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down

Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down: This is happening atlease once in an hour. There is a random freeze and nothing can be done after that. This is the error i am getting on systems log before freeze Error 2/20/2020 12:24:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None Error 2/20/2020 12:22:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None...
  9. shuts down as it freezes

shuts down as it freezes: I can only have it up for 5 min maybe. Then it freezes up, after a few moments it shuts it self off and need to restart. This computer is not used very much at all. I am a Senior, and use it to pay bills, and shop once in a while....
  10. No monitor on cold boot-Some apps won't respond to scaling until you..

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No monitor on cold boot-Some apps won't respond to scaling until you..: So have been having this weird problem randomly. Some times when I cold boot, my display does not wake from sleep. When I power cycle the monitor it kicks on but desktop and apps have a weird scaling look. If I go into the display settings via a desktop right-click I see a...