Windows 10: Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh

Discus and support Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 5680 dell computer and after I downloaded the 2004 update. I get all these blue screens with different error codes and the icons on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Syzole, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Syzole Win User

Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh

I have a 5680 dell computer and after I downloaded the 2004 update. I get all these blue screens with different error codes and the icons on the desktop keep moving after I reboot my computer. This doesn't happen in the 1909 build. So can this be fixed by me or should i wait for them to fix 2004?

:)

Syzole, Jul 18, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh ;)

qubit, Jul 18, 2020
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh

One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

Before Reboot:

Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh [​IMG]

After Reboot:

Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh [​IMG]

Notice how the Windows Administrative Tools Icon moves after each and every reboot. I move it back to the original spot every time and it just moves over a few rows to the right and a few rows up. If I were to delete "Windows Administrative Tools" from my desktop, The "This PC" icon would start doing the same exact thing, just a different icon. This all started after updating to Windows 10 version 2004 a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what else I've noticed. REALLY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. If I right click on the desktop and hit refresh, the SAME exact thing happens. What you see in these photos above with rebooting the system happens exactly the same when I refresh the desktop by right clicking and hitting the refresh button.

vilysakowski, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh

1. Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh - Similar Threads - 2004 icons keep

2. Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc: Hello I have a problem with my desktop iconsI use 2 monitors and i discover it is because of that If i use only one i would not have this problemI use 2 monitors because it helps much with a work and other things on pcBut its very annoying every time my pc turn on icons just...
  3. Desktop Icon keep moving

Desktop Icon keep moving: My desktop icon keep moving and I unable to keep them still, I tried the method right- click then select desktop unable to select desktop * * [ATTACH] Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...
  4. Desktop Icons keep moving

Desktop Icons keep moving: So this has been an ongoing problem for me for months at this point. Every time I restart or shut down my computer my desktop icons rearrange in a way that I did not set. I have gone through many of the common fixes and have had success temporarily fixing it through some...
  5. Windows 10 Icons keep moving

Windows 10 Icons keep moving: So I am currently having a problem where when I restart or shutdown my computer my icons reset to positions that I did not ever put them in. I have looked online for solutions and have tried everything including, deleting my icon cache files, going into the command prompt as...
  6. Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh

Windows 2004 icons keep moving after refresh: I have a 5680 dell computer and after I downloaded the 2004 update. I get all these blue screens with different error codes and the icons on the desktop keep moving after I reboot my computer. This doesn't happen in the 1909 build. So can this be fixed by me or should i wait...
  7. MS store keeps refreshing in Win. 10 2004

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store keeps refreshing in Win. 10 2004: hi there: There is an issue. MS store keeps refreshing in Windows 10 2004. I like to know, is it a bug in 2004, or is it my issue? Does the steps in the article work? https://www.techtantri.com/fix-microsoft-store-refresh-loop-windows-10-april-update/...
  8. Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker: Hi, im having issues with my desktop. Im running windows 10. Whenever i use a browser, whether it be chrome, edge or firefox, the pages constantly reload. It usually happens whenever i try to use the searchbar. i also get flickering desktop icons. Ive reset the desktop...
  9. taskbar icons keep refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons keep refreshing: every so often my taskbar icons refresh (or flash once). At first I thought it was dropbox causing this so I uninstalled it, but still does it once in a while. Any thoughts? 80554
  10. Icons keep moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons keep moving: I don't think anything. Place your icons where you want them and then do what you normally do. My expectations is that your machine will run normally, then in the afternoon, tomorrow, your machine will run out of power. Windows will protect itself and hibernate based on...