Windows 10: Windows 2004 latest up to date OEM Means I dont have the Disk version. Dissappearing...

Discus and support Windows 2004 latest up to date OEM Means I dont have the Disk version. Dissappearing... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this is great, Since the last upgrade I have spent 4 days trying to recover my Laptop, not impressed. The issues just keep coming, things like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngeloCamillos, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows 2004 latest up to date OEM Means I dont have the Disk version. Dissappearing...

So this is great,

Since the last upgrade I have spent 4 days trying to recover my Laptop, not impressed.

The issues just keep coming, things like sound missing from notifications when Windows asks if you want to run this program.

Obviously the missing Apps.

Day one the issue was that I could not have my own wallpapers on the lock screen. But it gets worse.

First action was since I use Easeus to do backup and I regularly backup my computer I thought I could go back to the day before the problems and restore the image which I did but that had dire consequences because my computer started acting erratically as though there was faulty hardware specifically reporting errors on the ssd a Samsung 960 Pro NVME M2 2.5 years old and seen very little action.

Bit the bullet and purchased a new one 970 Pro NVME M2. while I was waiting for the delivery I tried going back a stage to a previous backup, which worked. Within 2 days the card arrived HOWEVER somehow the faulty SSD had stopped reporting errors and passed all the tests including running the infamous Windows 10 home with all of its compulsory, untested, updates that is until they unleash them on us.

Anyway, had the new card so It has a better warranty why not put it in the computer and clone the drive using Partition Master and use this 20% better performance. Went about the procedures, a plenty, not the least of witch the original setup as Raid, Thanks to YouTube got around that with very little work. Installed the card, cloned the image, changed the bios removed all other boot options, went back to boot and hey presto all worked everything restored.

Unfortunately, for some reason when I format the 960 ssd Windows!!!!!!!! gets rid of Windows Store account and all the Universal apps that come with it. THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!

If it boots from an image and everything is supposed to be coming from the new 970 ssd why should formatting a superfluous drive effect anything, I'll tell you why, untested code by LCD's.

I am in my 70's and I don't think I am going to live long enough to see Windows Pick a number ever work as it should between Covid19 and Windows 10 I am a dead man.

If someone has a solution for my issues please feel free to let me know, Please try to be kind Covid19 is not an option I have serious work to complete and time is running out.

:)

AngeloCamillos, Jun 20, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Windows 2004 latest up to date OEM Means I dont have the Disk version. Dissappearing...

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Windows 2004 latest up to date OEM Means I dont have the Disk version. Dissappearing... :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2004 latest up to date OEM Means I dont have the Disk version. Dissappearing...

1. Windows 2004 latest up to date OEM Means I dont have the Disk version. Dissappearing... - Similar Threads - 2004 latest date

2. Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest: I just want to ask how long will windows update take if I update my windows 10 with a ssd, because my pc has a fresh windows installed and my pc needs to update the windows, I checked what version my windows 10 is and it is 2004....
  3. I have a doubt regarding the latest 'Windows 10 , version 2004' update...

I have a doubt regarding the latest 'Windows 10 , version 2004' update...: Some time ago, like an hour or so, i started the update in my laptop , but it is just showing'Getting Things Ready' and it gets 100% then it shows'Downloading' then it becomes 100% and then it shows' installation pending' and then the installation starts and even it gets...
  4. Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update

Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update: I recently installed the latest MS Win10 version 2004 update. It seems to be very slow loading, running, even Edge takes nearly 1 full minute to load. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?...
  5. Latest Windows 10 version 2004

Latest Windows 10 version 2004: Hello, after upgrading my computer to latest version 2004 I had random freeze on computer like every hour. This freeze completly freezed my computer and I had to turn it off. I tried everything from upgrading drivers to upgrading BIOS but nothing helped. Then I tried to...
  6. Windows 10 2004 latest version

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 2004 latest version: Hi, can you helpe me? Well my issue it's I just update my computer the latest version of windows 2004 yesterday, and my problem it's the power plan, it's only the balanced mode. And I want the high performance, i wanna put it back I go to registry, I don't see the file (...
  7. Windows 10 2004 latest version

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 2004 latest version: Hi, can you helpe me? Well my issue it's I just update my computer the latest version of windows 2004 yesterday, and my problem it's the power plan, it's only the balanced mode. And I want the high performance, i wanna put it back I go to registry, I don't see the file (...
  8. Up dating to Version 2004 problem

Up dating to Version 2004 problem: While I was doing the update to Version 2004, I had a complete electrical shut down, both battery and house power. When I try to complete the update, it opens to 64% complete, continues to 65% and restarts. The computer repeatedly keeps doing this at the 65% point....
  9. I really dont know what is happening, all drivers up to date and windows 10 latest version...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really dont know what is happening, all drivers up to date and windows 10 latest version...: [IMG] submitted by /u/HeyJohn14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi947q/i_really_dont_know_what_is_happening_all_drivers/
  10. Latest Windows Up(Down)date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Up(Down)date: After installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Windows 10 version 1803). We might as well get used to this opening. In addition to the network mess about seeing other PC's on your network. It appears the printer networking functions no longer work right. My...