Windows 10: Windows 2004 running really slow

Discus and support Windows 2004 running really slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have recently gotten rid of my PC and gone for a laptop/egpu setup (I work as a software developer and travel a lot so I like having my files on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/danecfx, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Windows 2004 running really slow

I have recently gotten rid of my PC and gone for a laptop/egpu setup (I work as a software developer and travel a lot so I like having my files on the same device). I currently use the Razer Blade Stealth (2017) and the Nvidia GTX 980TI in the Razer Core X case. I have it hooked up to 3 1080P 60Hz monitors.

I was using Windows 1909 for a few days once I first got setup and everything seemed to work perfectly fine (in theory, I may not have been using it for long enough to experience any issues), but I upgraded to the Windows 2004 update 2 weeks ago (approximately). Ever since I upgraded my PC has been running extremely slow. My web browser (Brave Browser) reports running out of memory despite only showing 10/16Gb used in task manager. My Discord client crashes constantly. Applications are very slow to open, sometimes not opening at all. Visual Studio is very slow when running when using (I use for C# development so it is crucial).

It is very slow to the point of being unusable. My start menu and search take ages to open a lot of the time e.t.c. I have checked task manager, Brave only uses about 1Gb on average, however when I do anything, System Interrupts seems to jump up and use 100% CPU, also when I click on start or search Windows Directory seems to rise to the top of the CPU usage. I'm not too sure what to do and since I work from home, my desktop is crucial to run okay. Has anyone got any ideas??

Thank you!!

Edit: Just to add, my current setup has arguably the same amount of processing power as my old desktop PC with the same amount of memory. I never had a problem running anything on my old desktop which I used for a long time. I'm not sure whether this is a software or driver issue so any input is appreciated, thank you Windows 2004 running really slow :)

submitted by /u/danecfx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/danecfx, Sep 25, 2020

2. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 25, 2020
  3. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 2004 running really slow

Just updated to windows 10 and its running really slow and not responding

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below to improve the performance of the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2004 running really slow

1. Windows 2004 running really slow - Similar Threads - 2004 running really

2. Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.: One day I had to update Windows and while the computer was booting up again, while it was loading it popped up, "Scanning and repairing C:" and I didn't know what to do about it. When I got to the login screen our power went out so I turned the computer off and after a few...
  3. Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.: One day I had to update Windows and while the computer was booting up again, while it was loading it popped up, "Scanning and repairing C:" and I didn't know what to do about it. When I got to the login screen our power went out so I turned the computer off and after a few...
  4. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  5. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  6. Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.: I updated Windows and finally solved some problems (system file checker giving errors and rare bsod), but unfortunately now when I launch an app it takes like a minute to open it. It doesn't happen with every app, but all browsers are affected, Steam for example is not...
  7. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  8. Computer started running really slow

Computer started running really slow: My computer started running really slow yesterday and is still continuing that today. Is there something I can run to find out why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-started-running-really-slow/b031b823-0ac5-4647-b77d-29489da6e135
  9. Laptop running really slow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop running really slow.: Hi, Looking for help as my laptop takes about 5 secs to load every time I click something. Takes ever longer when I minimize an application and switch to another(that is already open). I just wanted to make sure if my laptop performance is just normal for the specs it has,...
  10. Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow: I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most people say it's because of...