Windows 10: Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time

Discus and support Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I installed the May 2020 feature update recently and now wish I hadn't. I have Windows 10 Pro on a fairly old high end Dell XPS desktop originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnWAnderson, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time

Hi

I installed the May 2020 feature update recently and now wish I hadn't. I have Windows 10 Pro on a fairly old high end Dell XPS desktop originally came with Win 7.

Now whenever I first power up from cold, the system stalls at the Dell logo splash screen. I have to force shutdown with the power button and then switch on again. On this attempt, it appears as if the system is trying to apply or finish an update - rotating circle on Dell logo screen and then a Please wait message on a blue / teal coloured screen with rotating circle. After a while it presents my usual lock screen, I can log in normally and everything seems to be working.

Can anyone advise please?

:)

JohnWAnderson, Jun 19, 2020

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Jun 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 Boot times issue

The two are linked as you've observed and as I mentioned.

What puzzles me is the change after the power outage, which would suggest some form of corruption, which does not seem the case.

The other thing that can cause slow boot times are certain updates. For example this update:
    KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - September 13 - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

So I'm now wondering if the change in boot time is actually unrelated to your power outage. Using WPR as @zinou suggests is then the next step.

dalchina, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time

Problem with 2004 IS0

It does help if you read the replies *Wink I mentioned the 4GB Fat32 limit in post #6

As for getting MCT to run on your machines, I showed in post #6 a screenshot of it running on mine.

In post #18 I suggested troubleshooting steps to get the MCT to run, and if that failed a way to split up an install.wim that's larger than 4GB.

Thema:

Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time

1. Windows 2004 update causing problems at boot time - Similar Threads - 2004 update causing

2. Problems updating to Windows 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems updating to Windows 2004: I am trying to update my PC to the latest version of Windows 2004, however I am encountering problems. Following the update, I note a red cross is present over my speaker icon, and I get the notification that 'no audio output device is installed' I also consequently lose...
  3. Windows version 2004 update time?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows version 2004 update time?: Hi people, I usually wait three months before I make the jump to the next version of Windows, and I finally decided to install 2004. I clicked on the install button at 10:53pm and it finished at 3.10am. I'm just wondering if any other people had such a lengthy install...
  4. Problems with Windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Windows 2004 update: Since the Windows 2004 update, I can't toggle the calendar on the taskbar, I can't display or change networks with the taskbar icon and Network Sharing won't show available networks so I can't change them, and the speaker icon won't show the volume or allow me to change it, I...
  5. Windows Update 2004 problem

Windows Update 2004 problem: Hello, I have a problem with Windows Update 2004 every time I want to install it. It reaches 60% and I get an error with this code 0x800701b1, and I have not found a solution for it....
  6. Having problems with Windows boot since 2004 update!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having problems with Windows boot since 2004 update!: Has anyone else had this problem? Since the update my computer will randomly begin booting to windows then stop and my screen goes black and then sleeps. I have to hard restart the computer and it then goes into the typical overclock failed press f1 for bios etc. When it does...
  7. 2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update fails, I believe it's caused by multiple boot entries.: So I have a similar issue to this fella however I think my boot partition is fine, it's the other entries that are causing the issue. In BIOS I have three boot entries on my main SSD. Looking at EasyUEFI, I see that two of them are on the C: partition. (Ignore the USB drive)...
  8. 2004 windows update problem

2004 windows update problem: Tried to install latest version of windows, now my computer won’t boot. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2004-windows-update-problem/8166517b-c176-4d64-81e6-b62f82b5d292
  9. After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time

After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time: The issue occurred after this update. I have to wait long while the system is booting. My system: i5, gtx1060-6gb, 16 RAM. How to sort it out? It was working fine before...
  10. Update 2004 problem

Update 2004 problem: I installed update Windows 10 2004 and now have an message on my laptop "There was a problem starting C:\\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-2004-problem/9e66505f-bc92-4399-ae2e-22953a1c6aae