Windows 10: Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!

Discus and support Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, i just registered here because I don't know what do anymore: My Windows 1909 just doesn't want to update to 2004, even Microsoft offers it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by turntable97, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!

Hey guys,

i just registered here because I don't know what do anymore:
    My Windows 1909 just doesn't want to update to 2004, even Microsoft offers it from time to time on Microsoft Update.

I tried all kinds of installations methods from download via Windows Update to In-Place-Upgrades; it doesn't work.
    Furthermore I tried it with clean boots, disabling/uninstalling Norton; disbling onboard Network adapter; disabling Defender; uninstalling VPN, ... didn't help; always the same error when trying to install Windows 2004 Update:

error code 0xC1900101 0x40017 SECOND_BOOT
    I also get the error code 0xc1900209 when trying to update via Windows Update Assistant.

So it seems there is an incompatible device or driver installed. I hope you can help me to solve the mystery.
    I attached for you the tuneup logfile, the V2 log and the setupdiag.

Somewhere I read that I need to unplug everything on my motherboard to make it work. Isn't that a bit weird?
    Besides the motherboard there is a card reader, a firewire and usb pci card installed.

I sincerely hope you can help me!

Thanks & all the best!

:)

turntable97, Oct 12, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 12, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!

Error 0xc1900101 0x40017 when updating to 2004

Hi, I am trying to update my windows 10 pro from 1909 to 2004. I tried already 3 times, the first twos with windows update and the latest with the iso. However they end with the same result with the error 0xc1900101 - 0x40017 "the installation failed in
    the second_boot phase with an error during boot operation".

I found this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/resolution-procedures but I don't have Citrix VDA
    installed (I don't know even what is its purpose) so I can't follow the solution steps.

Has anyone got any suggestion? Aside for a clean install. Thank you

Alessandro346, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!

1. Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May! - Similar Threads - 2004 update crash

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  5. BSOD since Windows 10 May 2004 as well as 20h2 update

BSOD since Windows 10 May 2004 as well as 20h2 update: Hi there, I've been randomly having BSODs everyday 1-3x/day since the aforementioned update, usually with this message: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. The BSODs occurs randomly - while surfing the internet/gaming/video editing/benchmarking, etc. Most days i would be able to...
  6. may update windows 2004

may update windows 2004: hi I am not able to up date my windows from 1909 to 2004 [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-update-windows-2004/893656c9-9ac4-4e24-838e-089f98090e35
  7. Windows 2004 update still not possible: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 2004 update still not possible: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!: Hey guys, i just registered here because I don't know what do anymore: My Windows 1909 just doesn't want to update to 2004, even Microsoft offers it from time to time on Microsoft Update. I tried all kinds of installations methods from download via Windows Update to...
  8. Windows 2004 update still not possible: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!

Windows 2004 update still not possible: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!: Hey guys, i just registered here because I don't know what do anymore: My Windows 1909 just doesn't want to update to 2004, even Microsoft offers it from time to time on Microsoft Update. I tried all kinds of installations methods from download via Windows Update to...
  9. MAY UPDATE 2004

MAY UPDATE 2004: - JUST DOWNLOADED AUTOMATICALLY ON OTHER LAPTOP NOW IT WANTS A BITBLOCKER NUMER- WHAT IS THIS AND IS THIS UPDATE REAL- I CANNOT EVEN REINSTALL WINDOWS- DELETE CURRENTS UPDATE. - IT SAYS I HAVE NO ACCESS UNLESS I ENTER NUMBER- IT ON THE PAGE HAS A RECOVERY ID- THAT DOES...
  10. Sill can't get May 2004 Update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sill can't get May 2004 Update...: i can't get the new May 2004 update, first i had the notice that it said it wasn't ready for my pc yet, i figured ok i can wait and now that notice is gone and i still can't get the update... what can i do? submitted by /u/robot2642 [link] [comments]...