Windows 10: Windows 2004 update from effects of regedit or scripts?

Discus and support Windows 2004 update from effects of regedit or scripts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm curious if any registry edits or scripts used in/for 1909, might have caused Windows update to 2004 to abort, or caused the problems for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jacee, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Jacee Win User

Windows 2004 update from effects of regedit or scripts?

I'm curious if any registry edits or scripts used in/for 1909, might have caused Windows update to 2004 to abort, or caused the problems for this update. Is this update so poorly written that most users have to "undo" what they choose with their files and antivirus programs?!!

:)

Jacee, Jul 5, 2020

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jul 5, 2020
  4. PT
    pt Win User

regedit help

any step by step guide?
    that is like chinese to me

edit:
    i did this that you posted and deleted after and it worked:
    psexec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe

but the problem is still there *Frown Windows 2004 update from effects of regedit or scripts? :(

Thema:

1. Windows 2004 update from effects of regedit or scripts? - Similar Threads - 2004 update effects

2. Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.: Hello, So I was trying to follow step from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/2688326/can-t-open-exe-files-in-windows-7-or-windows-vista Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search boxRight-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as...
  3. I need to reverse the effects of this script.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to reverse the effects of this script.: I initiated this script https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TJp1BE0s_6ZqzeZshiCmxbYNQfpnNXkZ/view to optimize my pc. However, the script contains material that disables mouse acceleration, which is something that I use. I was able to turn mouse acceleration back on, but it seems...
  4. Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 by only using RegEdit ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 by only using RegEdit ?: [ATTACH] I need to do the thing that we do normally using Settings -> Colors -> Transparency effects by using RegEdit. Is it possible? https://preview.redd.it/3k24uz0ur3p51.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=9613b547201b0e904a7cc29cb8a47104a03709ca submitted by...
  5. Effect of Windows 10 2004 update on Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Effect of Windows 10 2004 update on Bluetooth: PC: Acer V5-573 OS: Windows 10 Home version 2004 installed 20/08/2020 Build: 19041.450 Hello, Since installing the 2004 update, my Bluetooth function has effectively been disabled. Will there be updates to remedy this problem? Please see below a screenshot of the...
  6. Update to 2004 from 1909

in Browsers and Email
    Update to 2004 from 1909: Windows Updates offered to update to Windows 2004 which I did, it too over 1 hour to get to the lock screen and sign in screen. The only issues I have found were that I had to personalise my background picture on the desktop and I still have the issue with Edge Chromium where...
  7. Update to 2004 from 1909

Update to 2004 from 1909: Windows Updates offered to update to Windows 2004 which I did, it too over 1 hour to get to the lock screen and sign in screen. The only issues I have found were that I had to personalise my background picture on the desktop and I still have the issue with Edge Chromium where...
  8. update from 1909 to 2004

update from 1909 to 2004: I had ver 2004 on my compter when it started stopping and starting on its own so i uninstalled 2004 today my computer offered me ver 2004 but during the update it says unalbe to update your computer this computer can't be upgraded to ver 2004 any suggestions would be...
  9. Windows update 2004 from 1909

Windows update 2004 from 1909: Hi all. Yesterday I upgraded windows 10 from 1909 to 2004, after many hours of downloading and installing I finally got there. But I came across an error, after finally getting the installation finalised I was taken back to the update window where I was presented with...
  10. Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update: Ever since updating from 7 to 10 earlier this year, I have used this regedit to prevent intolerable beeping every time I try to adjust the volume for my Edifier bluetooth speakers. However, with the recent Windows 2004 update, the edit no longer works. I have confirmed that...