Windows 10: Windows 2004 update question

Discus and support Windows 2004 update question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently installed the windows 10 2004 update from an iso, I was wondering what will happen when this update gets released officially? will my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by carlfish, May 28, 2020.

1. carlfish Win User

Windows 2004 update question

I recently installed the windows 10 2004 update from an iso, I was wondering what will happen when this update gets released officially?

will my PC receive the latest updates as normal due to me installing it early , Should I turn on windows insider to move to the official release?

what are the best settings for windows insider program if that needs to be turned on?

:)

carlfish, May 28, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 2004 update question :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 28, 2020
  3. Hyscore Win User
    Hyscore, May 28, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 2004 update question - Similar Threads - 2004 update question

2. Update From 1909 to 2004 Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update From 1909 to 2004 Questions: This morning I took the plunge and updated from 1909 to 2004. Did this via a USB stick with the Windows 2004 install ISO. Everything went well (although I had made an additional Macrium Reflect image of the 1909 install . . . just in case). So, I have a few questions. I've...
  3. Windows 2004 driver-related questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 2004 driver-related questions: For my desktop motherboard which is b450m s2h v2, the motherboard drivers can only support up to winver2004 should i just stay at ver2004 windows build instead of ver2009? submitted by /u/musedchie [link] [comments]...
  4. Quick Window10 2004 to 20H2 update question !

Quick Window10 2004 to 20H2 update question !: Hi Guys I updated to Win10 2004 last friday 23rd from 1909 with no problems , and I'm wanting to know when I will be offered the 20H2 update as its not appearing in Win Update . ( I used disk cleanup to remove Windows.Old thinking it might trigger the update , but no joy ! )...
  5. Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.

Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.: Asus x540, running Pentium and 4GB. Yes I did say she’s still running. I keep noticing that I have: feature update 2004 pending...I started to install and then looked up an article about it not working in some computers. Not sure if I had to reboot to stop it or what...
  6. SSD trim after 2004 Update question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD trim after 2004 Update question: I read that the bug had been sorted out where Windows 10 automatically trims SSD's on version 2004 and doesnt remember it was done so informs you that it needs to be done again. I checked in event Viewer and can see that on October 1st my SSD was successfully trimmed but it...
  7. 2004 Update Questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004 Update Questions: I keep failing the 2004 update on the 2nd boot at 75%. If I try an upgrade, after checking to see if the hardware is compatible and that there is enough drive space it immediately starts verifying the download, instead of downloading a new copy. I tried it from a bootable...
  8. Question about 2004 update

Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  9. V.2004 Update Notification Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    V.2004 Update Notification Question: WU on my system has the message stating that v.2004 is available, but that my system isnt eligible to receive it currently. That I understand. The question is: When the FU is available for my system, will a notice show up in the Message Center, or will I have to check on WU...
  10. Update to 2004 fail in laptop - question about debug

Update to 2004 fail in laptop - question about debug: One of the laptops that I support (Asus VivoBook E502NA) cannot update from 1909 to 2004 (error code 0xC1900101). Because I have access to the logs, I wanted to ask if I read them correctly? There are entries in the setupact.err file saying that the driver failed to add...