Windows 10: windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver.

Discus and support windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello. i had windows 10 1909 version and my microsoft receiver and controller worked perfectly.when i made the 2004 update suddenly my receiver driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by STELIOSbond, Jun 26, 2020.

1. windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver.

STELIOSbond, Jun 26, 2020

2. Xbox 360 Adapter Unknown USB Device

Looking at the information I have please follow these steps to see if it solves the issue:

With the adapter plugged:

1- Right click the windows icon on the task bar and click device manager.

2- Look for the device that should appear as unknown like you said.

3- Right click the device and click properties. Go to the driver tab.

4- Click update driver, then click "browse my computer for driver software".

5- Click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Go to the bottom of the list you should see xbox 360...click on it.

7- Click the xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

8- After installation is done test by turning on the receiver, and finish by turning the xbox controller on.

Hope that solves your issue.

RicardoRodriguez90, Jun 26, 2020
  3. SevenNine Win User
    Creators Update Broke My XBOX 360 Headset Device (Unknown Device)

I can no longer use the mic that came with my Xbox 360 wired controller on my Windows 10 PC after I upgraded to the Creators Update a few days ago. In the Device Manager it is listed as 'Unknown device' and if I try to 'Upgrade Drivers' then I get this error message: "XBOX 360 Headset Device. An error occurred during the installation of the device. The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. Contact your hardware vendor". Anyone have any idea how I can get it working again? I can't find the driver for this thing anywhere! I used it for Cortana searches as well as communication in Overwatch.

windows 2004 update  shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver. [​IMG]

SevenNine, Jun 26, 2020
  4. windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver.

Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver.

1. windows 2004 update shows unknown device xbox 360 receiver. - Similar Threads - 2004 update shows

2. Xbox 360 off brand controller shows up unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 off brand controller shows up unknown: so im using windows 10 right now and have it completely updated.also one off brand xbox 360 controller that works fine but the one i want does not.it shows up as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" but it lights up like it works.Also its wired,ive tried...
  3. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver with Windows 10 Update 2004: Hello! So today I looked through the cabinets and found my Xbox 360 controller and the wireless receiver from there. Ofcourse I tried to connect it to my PC, but here is the problem: I downloaded the drivers (accidentally twice) as WinRAR, extracted them and countiuned to...
  4. Xbox 360 wireless receiver appears as 'Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed)'

Xbox 360 wireless receiver appears as 'Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed)': [title stolen from here] Sooo here's the thing. My old chinese controller receiver is not recognized anymore from my PC, probably due to some nasty update. I already bypassed the driver installation due to the Win 2004 update, and now I'm here once again. I'm not going to...
  5. XBOX 360 receiver issue

XBOX 360 receiver issue: Hello, first I want to say that I spent over 2 hours searching how to solve this problem i google. To the point. Couple of days ago my receiver worked normally till I had to connect it again. Known procedure. Device menager, unknown device, etc. But this time when I choose...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004

Xbox 360 wireless receiver on windows 10 2004: My original receiver broke and I had to buy a replacement. I've tried countless times to make it work, drivers install nicely using workaround but my controller still can't connect. Is it faulty receiver or am I doing something wrong? submitted by /u/Mordek112 [link]...
  7. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update: My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to the "xbox 360 wireless reciever driver" and it says driver installed successfully but it still says "unknown device". I tried...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver no longer working on Windows 10 2004: I bought this 3rd party wireless receiver in January of this year and it worked just fine* after going into the device manager and finding the drivers and manually choosing the correct driver like in this video. I'll admit that I haven't used it in a while so there's a...
  9. Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless receiver for Xbox 360 stopped working after latest windows update 2004: After updating to version 2004 my receiver stopped working... is anyone else having the same issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-receiver-for-xbox-360-stopped-working/d7d6d74a-0837-416d-9dfe-d2eabbc2fac1
  10. Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Device Showing In Xbox Account.: My account shows a connected device that I did not attach to my xboxone,and when I click on the icon it redirects me.how do I find out A.what the device is and B.where/when/how it was connected to my account? ***Moved From: Microsoft Edge/All other issues/Windows 10***...