Windows 10: Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA

Discus and support Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Expert I Have 2016 Windows Server , I have 500 GB in C:\ Drive of my Server and Total Folder Size only 120 GB including Hidden Files, But I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmirSami1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. AmirSami1 Win User

Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA

Hi Expert

I Have 2016 Windows Server , I have 500 GB in C:\ Drive of my Server and Total Folder Size only 120 GB including Hidden Files, But I am wondering that Hard Disk Capacity showing 450 GB Although only 120 GB data is exist.

Kindly help my to find out why consumed extra space.

:)

AmirSami1, Jan 29, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA

Andre Da Costa, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA

1. Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA - Similar Threads - 2016 Server Show

2. Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist: Hi allSo last night I'm playing the game Forged Battalion and my system is normally otherwise solid with no issues at all and out of nowhere the sound goes brrr for a little second which I thought oh **** normally that's the sign of a BSOD. Oddly though my PC recovered from...
  3. Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist: Hi allSo last night I'm playing the game Forged Battalion and my system is normally otherwise solid with no issues at all and out of nowhere the sound goes brrr for a little second which I thought oh **** normally that's the sign of a BSOD. Oddly though my PC recovered from...
  4. Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. High Data Consume

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Data Consume: Window High Data Consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-data-consume/a5b557a9-495e-4be7-a7fa-0106a1d841dc
  6. Windows update consuming data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update consuming data: made the connection metered , turned updates off over metered connection and through gpedit.msc , i have configured auto update to 2- notify for download and auto install . Still the windows updates are downloading in the background .what do I do now ?...
  7. SQL Server Data Tool SSDT 2017 can install on Windows Server 2016 Data center?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server Data Tool SSDT 2017 can install on Windows Server 2016 Data center?: Which OS is required to install SQL Server Data Tool SSDT? I have Windows Server 2016 Data center installed in my system. I need to install SSDT 2017. I am not bale to install SSDT 2017 because of this OS issue. My question is which OS is required for installing SSDT 2017?...
  8. Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help?: Hi there, I am a Network Operating Systems student and the course requires that I install Windows Server 2016 Standard on VMWare. My main hard disk on my laptop was Windows 10 and I accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard from ISO and it completely overrode my...
  9. Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Downloads Folder: Since the last major update in October, Disk Clean-up always shows about 2.4MB of data in the C:\Users\___\Downloads folder. I dont use this folder but even so, I check with "view>hidden items" on to make sure it is empty but disk clean-up always shows about 2.4MB. Then...
  10. Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder: Since the last major update in October, Disk Clean-up always shows about 2.4MB of data in the C:\Users\___\Downloads folder. I dont use this folder but even so, I check with "view>hidden items" on to make sure it is empty but disk clean-up always shows about 2.4MB. Then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger than existing DATA