Windows 10: Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type...

Discus and support Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to install Windows 2016/Win 10 on a server using boot.wim and Unattended file. I have formatted the harddisk into two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bhupeshkm, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Bhupeshkm Win User

Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type...

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Windows 2016/Win 10 on a server using boot.wim and Unattended file.

I have formatted the harddisk into two partitions, EFI partition with FAT32 and user partition with NTFS

I'm keeping the uefi files and boot.wim in the EFI partition and booting into it.

By editing the startnet.cmd inside boot.wim, I had added code to copy the contents of user partition to x:\temp and then restore back once i format the partition to ntfs again from winpe environment.

Finally i will be calling setup.exe present on the OS iso, with the unattended file present on user partition as argument.

My unattended file is having Install partition as 2, since user partition is 2.

When the installation is about to start copying files, I'm getting the error "The selected disk space is not of type ESP".

Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type... 3946f4dd-0606-42d2-8194-dc3c0b8d55ba?upload=true.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Bhupesh

:)

Bhupeshkm, Oct 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 Updates & Upgrades error: There wasn't enough space on my hard drive

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

Since you have a less amount of space in your hard disk, I suggest you to free up some disk space by running disk cleanup on your system.

Here are the steps:

• To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.
    Once you perform the above steps, install the Windows updates manually and check.

Follow these steps:

1. Hit
    Windows Key and type

2. Type
    Windows Updates

3. Click on
    Windows Updates

4. Click on
    Check for updates and install the latest windows updates.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 10, 2018
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type...

Disk Read Error

/p flags good, I'm still thinking it's something in your boot sector and not hardware related.

Try this:

Insert your XP disk and boot from the disk
    Select recovery console
    follow the promts until you are in DOS
    C:\windows
    at the above prompts type FIXMBR

Why?
    This will fix the Mater Boot Record for Windows it will ask you if you are sure and follow the prompts

once complete type CHKDSK /r
    that is CHKDSK space /r
    this will check the disk and repair any bad sectors

once complete type exit

thoughtdisorder, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type...

1. Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type... - Similar Threads - 2016 unattended installation

2. Insufficient Disk Space Error - Plenty of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Disk Space Error - Plenty of Disk Space: I have two Samsung solid state drives both 1 TB as my drive D: which is where I store all of my video data. Windows is installed on Drive C:. I recently received an error when moving data between my phone to drive D: and received an insufficient disk space error despite...
  3. windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...: I Am trying to install windows 11 in my ssd but it’s not happening. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-be-installed-on-this-hard-disk/28675b4a-2072-4d79-b38c-b9b015f504c5
  4. windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot be installed on this hard disk space the selected volume is read only to...: I Am trying to install windows 11 in my ssd but it’s not happening. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-be-installed-on-this-hard-disk/28675b4a-2072-4d79-b38c-b9b015f504c5
  5. Installation disk selection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation disk selection error: I have already tried all sata configuration... Ahci, ide, raid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-disk-selection-error/c79f59eb-4680-4483-8fc8-e3986fd08abf
  6. Installation disk selection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation disk selection error: I have already tried all sata configuration... Ahci, ide, raid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-disk-selection-error/c79f59eb-4680-4483-8fc8-e3986fd08abf
  7. Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cleaning selection to free up space.: Hello I need free space on my disk C: because now I only have 27 GB of free space. I would like to know if it is recommended to select "compress the operating system drive" in disk cleanup to free up space. Thanks in advance...
  8. Disk cleanup selection in order to free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk cleanup selection in order to free space: Hi I need to free space on my C: drive because right now I have only 27 GB of free space. I would like to know : 1) Do you recommend to select "compress your OS drive" in the Disk Cleanup in order to free space, and what are the consequences of doing that? 2) Is it safe...
  9. office 2016 unattend

in Microsoft Office and 365
    office 2016 unattend: Guys, I need to create an unattend file for office 2016. I dont want others too see the lcience key.I tried using Microsoft Office Customization Tool but somehow i dont know how to get the msp file running. Anyone with some advice? Thanks. 94128
  10. Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk: Hello my friends, I keep getting an error when I install Windows 7. I want to install Windows 7 alongside Windows 10. windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk is of the gpt partition style I read solutions to this and most of them write I must format...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the selected disk space is not of type esp

2. unattended selected disk has gpt partition