Windows 10: Windows 2019 CIS Benchmark Level 1

Discus and support Windows 2019 CIS Benchmark Level 1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a CIS Benchmark - level 1 compliance Windows 2019 server installed. We have configured local users and added them to Remote Desktop Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by catcollector, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Windows 2019 CIS Benchmark Level 1

We have a CIS Benchmark - level 1 compliance Windows 2019 server installed. We have configured local users and added them to Remote Desktop Users group. When we created the user, they were provided a default password. The user was able to select remote desktop servers > include their user name > log in with the default password. Once they're in the machine, we would like for them to be able to update their password so that they're not using the default password we provided. User would do the following and receive an error: Start > Settings > Accounts > Change password > a current password screen appears, they key in the default password used to log into the instance > an error message shows up indicating "Incorrect password. Try again". We have used the reveal password icon to ensure that the current password keyed in here matches the default password provided AND used to log into the machine via rdp.

We have a similar Windows 2019 server installed and tested the same functionality. This works just fine. I have a feeling this is related to something CIS benchmark level 1 server has enabled or disabled...I just can't pinpoint what setting could be causing this issue. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

:)

catcollector, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

CIS Microsoft 365 Foundations Benchmark now available

Source: Best practices for securely using Microsoft 365 - the CIS Microsoft 365 Foundations Benchmark now available - Microsoft Secure

Brink, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    CIS Microsoft 365 Foundations Benchmark now available

Source: Best practices for securely using Microsoft 365 - the CIS Microsoft 365 Foundations Benchmark now available - Microsoft Secure

Brink, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 2019 CIS Benchmark Level 1

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 2019 CIS Benchmark Level 1

1. Windows 2019 CIS Benchmark Level 1 - Similar Threads - 2019 CIS Benchmark

2. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 user 1 computer Word 2019: On Word 2019 I have 1 user on 1 computer that comes up with Compatibility Mode on all their Word documents. When someone else logs on or if the one user logs on another computer, everything works great. How do I turn off the Compatibility Mode for the one user?...
  3. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 user 1 computer Word 2019: On Word 2019 I have 1 user on 1 computer that comes up with Compatibility Mode on all their Word documents. When someone else logs on or if the one user logs on another computer, everything works great. How do I turn off the Compatibility Mode for the one user?...
  4. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Security CIS Benchmark

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security CIS Benchmark: Hello guys, hope that you were ok.I have a question related to CIS Benchmarks that apply to Workstations:According to the latest document issued https://workbench.cisecurity.org/sections/875515/recommendations/1438111 - Chapter 2.3.4.2 L2 Ensure 'Devices: Prevent users from...
  6. Windows benchmark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows benchmark: Hi, I wonder is it possible to perform a benchmark check for my Windows 10. I want to know which is the most reliable benchmark for Windows 10. Thanks very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-benchmark/401c016c-ca4c-439d-82fc-03971a032e15
  7. Minecraft Dungeons reset to Level 1

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Dungeons reset to Level 1: Hi, Yesterday i have installed and played Minecraft dungeons first time and leveled up to 20 and today when i logged in, it rest my progress to Level 1 and lost my charachters. Is there any way i can recall my yesterday progress. Thanks...
  8. CIS Microsoft 365 Foundations Benchmark now available

in Windows 10 News
    CIS Microsoft 365 Foundations Benchmark now available: We’re excited to announce the availability of the Center for Internet Security’s (CIS) Microsoft 365 Foundations Benchmark—developed by CIS in partnership with Microsoft—to provide prescriptive guidance for establishing a secure baseline configuration for Microsoft 365. CIS...
  9. Pascal Benchmarks

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Pascal Benchmarks: I stumbled upon this that supposedly shows the Benchmarks of Pascal If this is what were looking forward too it may be worth getting 2 in sli Nvidia announces the GeForce GTX 1080, faster than two GTX 980s in SLI - TechSpot 49474
  10. Benchmarks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Benchmarks: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS Performance Results - UserBenchmark Dont know if you will be able to read this link, but I have to admit that I am NOT impressed. Figures appear to be less than good. 85479

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cis benchmark rdp not working