Windows 10: Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

Discus and support Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raven Hills1998, May 13, 2022.

1. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-nps-extension-rdg - this setup all works fine. I also have Windows 2022 NPS server, if I point the RDS Gateway at the Windows 2022 server instead of the Windows 2016 server it will only ever authenticate once then will not work again until the NPS service is restarted or the server is rebooted -

:)

Raven Hills1998, May 13, 2022
  2. nkaufman Win User

RD Gateway Server - how to remove permanently

Hello,
    At my previous job, I was asked to take certain steps (don't remember now what they were) but it was to set up RDP to use a Gateway server.

Now that I've changed jobs, I still see the old IP and Gateway server information. I went to registry and deleted the entries from Terminal client and servers.

However, I still see a server name listed under RDP-Advanced-Settings-Use these RD Gateway Server settings.
    I have opted for - Do not use RD Gateway server but was wondering how to remove the old server name entry completely.

Thanks

nkaufman, May 13, 2022
  3. B168 Win User
    Activating Azure MFA on RD Web Access

Hi there

I have been oscillating over this issue for a couple of days now - am hoping to get some expert advice here.

I am attempting to invoke Azure-AD MFA at the RD Web Access login.

Running

Server #1 - Windows Server 2016 - RD Gateway

Server #2 - Windows Server 2016 - Azure AD authentication server

I have the requisite global administrator access and Azure licence.

Initially I was inclined to believe that I needed to set #2 as the NPS, however that solution appears to only function once inside the RD Web Access server.

MFA Server is no longer an option.

The solution that on the surface appears to be required is the Azure Proxy Connector.

However, I was hoping to get some conclusive guidance on which solution is correct here; the ones I have listed may not be the solution needed.

Happy to provide whatever info I can

Thank you,

4. Hapwhee Win User

Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

Can't connect to RD Gateway using Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 Pro (1809) and I am trying to use RD Gateway but keep getting error message "can't connect to remote desktop gateway computer." I have seen numerous fix suggestions in other posts and the one I wanted to try was HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Terminal
    Server Client, but the terminal service client is not listed in the folder in Pro 10. Any ideas on how to get this RD Gateway to work?

Hapwhee, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

1. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor - Similar Threads - 2019 Gateway Azure

2. Azure P2S Basic Gateway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure P2S Basic Gateway: I have configured Azure P2S Basic gateway in my azure environment. When i try to install the Azure client in domain users account, we are not able to do it. But users having administration rights, are able to install it.Can you please let us know how to proceed connecting to...
  3. Azure P2S Basic Gateway

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure P2S Basic Gateway: I have configured Azure P2S Basic gateway in my azure environment. When i try to install the Azure client in domain users account, we are not able to do it. But users having administration rights, are able to install it.Can you please let us know how to proceed connecting to...
  4. Azure P2S Basic Gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  6. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  7. Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing

Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing: Hi Im struggling with getting past the security layering to test an RDS Gateway configured on a 2019 Standard Server. was easier with Access Anywhere Anyway I have a New PDC 2019 Server on a self contained Test LAN behind a router/firewall - connected to my Home LAN via...
  8. Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt: When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN. I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login. I have to do this every time. How do I change the RDP prompt to default to my domain credentials, instead of trying to use...
  9. Issues connection to RD Gateway

Issues connection to RD Gateway: Dear all, I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients having the issues are Windows 10. When these users try to connect to the GW, the following error with Event ID 306 occurs in the...
  10. Multifactor Authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multifactor Authentication: First post here. Hey all. Any ideas on how to get multifactor authentication running on windows 10 on a domain with Active Directory? I have seen tutorials on getting it working with Azure. Maybe it's not possible yet? 6400