Windows 10: windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs

Discus and support windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have an environment where multiple regular users share a single windows 2019 server via RDP as their "workstation". I'd like to allow them to use an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HiB_M10, Feb 21, 2020.

1. HiB_M10 Win User

windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs

We have an environment where multiple regular users share a single windows 2019 server via RDP as their "workstation". I'd like to allow them to use an attached CD burner from time to time.

I've followed the instructions here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731422v=ws.10.aspx for enablingAll Removable Storage: Allow direct access in remote sessions, but it does not seem to work.

The disc drive for users and even users in the Administrators group shows up, but does not show the progress bar icon under the drive indicating it is writable. It does not make a difference if logged in locally via KVM or through RDP.

windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs 1c4bbba0-9d24-4cb0-9e8d-54a27560e93d?upload=true.png

When they double click on the drive icon it shows:

Windows can't read the disc in drive E:\ Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes...

If I log in as the "Administrator" Local or Domain, or if I kill all my explorer.exe processes and start one new from the elevated command prompt the drive shows up as one would expect. This works locally via KVM or via RDP.

windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs eb16436c-b58a-497d-8b36-e554d5ea9f5b?upload=true.png

Any tips!!

:)

HiB_M10, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 21, 2020
  4. windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs

Unable to write to DVD/CDs after windows 10 upgrade

Tried what has been suggested but still cannot write to CD/DVDs. OK reading CD/DVDs

Pete

PeterCorker, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs

1. windows 2019 remote users unable to write CDs - Similar Threads - 2019 remote users

2. Is there a way to browse to and write to a user's Recent folder remotely?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to browse to and write to a user's Recent folder remotely?: I have a backup copy of a user's %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\ folder and need to restore it remotely. A co-worker tells me the only way to write to that folder and the Recent folder is to be logged in locally and use the above command to open the...
  3. Is there a way to browse to and write to a user's Recent folder remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to browse to and write to a user's Recent folder remotely?: I have a backup copy of a user's %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\ folder and need to restore it remotely. A co-worker tells me the only way to write to that folder and the Recent folder is to be logged in locally and use the above command to open the...
  4. Is there a way to browse to and write to a user's Recent folder remotely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to burn cds.: I am trying to burn music from one cd to another. after I ripped the cd and moved to burn it, a message comes up and says window can not burn to the disc because the drive is in use wait and try later when that operation in finished. What can I do to fix this ?Thany You , Tom...
  6. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to burn cds.: I am trying to burn music from one cd to another. after I ripped the cd and moved to burn it, a message comes up and says window can not burn to the disc because the drive is in use wait and try later when that operation in finished. What can I do to fix this ?Thany You , Tom...
  7. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player: When trying to burn a CD in Windows Media Player, I'm getting an error message that states " Windows media player cannot burn the files, if the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have...
  9. Unable to Burn CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Burn CDs in Windows 10: Hi, I have a Dell Inspirion PC desktop. It suddenly refuses to burn Cds, despite it working before until now. I can't burn in both Itunes and Windows Media Player. The DVD/CD drive still works fine and picks up both DVDs and CD-Rs. When I burn a CD with Itunes, it now says...
  10. Is WINDOWS 10 unable to burn MULTIPLE CDs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is WINDOWS 10 unable to burn MULTIPLE CDs?: Although windows media states that a playlist will span multiple CDs, after burning the FIRST CD, it asks for a blank CD, and after I insert it--the burn process quits. Why is this? Is WINDOWS 10 unable to burn MULTIPLE CDs?...