Windows 10: Windows 20H2 displaying taskbar 2D only

Discus and support Windows 20H2 displaying taskbar 2D only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I just upgraded from 1909 to 20H2 this morning. I was greeted by taskbar and menu displaying in 2D. Restart. I checked performance settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stevie will, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Windows 20H2 displaying taskbar 2D only

Hi

I just upgraded from 1909 to 20H2 this morning. I was greeted by taskbar and menu displaying in 2D. Restart. I checked performance settings and changed from Customs to Let Windows choose ... No change. I swapped to Adjust for best appearance. No change. How do I get back to 3D

:)

Stevie will, Mar 18, 2021

2. Outside temperature display in taskbar

I followed these steps exactly and the only thing showing in my task bar is a sun icon but not temperatures are being displayed.

TerriDunaway, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Windows 20H2 displaying taskbar 2D only

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 20H2 displaying taskbar 2D only

1. Windows 20H2 displaying taskbar 2D only - Similar Threads - 20H2 displaying taskbar

2. Windows maps only shows 2d buildings in road view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows maps only shows 2d buildings in road view: Windows maps does not show any 3d buildings in aerial view for some reason submitted by /u/Kaymations2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zutqrq/windows_maps_only_shows_2d_buildings_in_road_view/
  3. Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11: Greetings,Since plugging my Eluktronics MAX-17 with Win11 Home into my television via HDMI, my main Primary laptop display's Taskbar is blank, black, unclickable and off to the lefthand side. However on external monitors it shows clearly the correct way. I've tried flipping...
  4. Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display Win11: Greetings,Since plugging my Eluktronics MAX-17 with Win11 Home into my television via HDMI, my main Primary laptop display's Taskbar is blank, black, unclickable and off to the lefthand side. However on external monitors it shows clearly the correct way. I've tried flipping...
  5. 2D Games Lag On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2D Games Lag On Windows 11: After Upgrading To Windows 11 2D Games Like Undertale Lag. 3D Games Run The Same Way Like On Windows 10. Is There Any Way I Can Easily Fix It? I'm Not An Big IT Person, Sorry....
  6. TaskBar is split and only displays correctly on left or right

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar is split and only displays correctly on left or right: Since I tried installing TaskbarX via rainmeter I've had this issue. Even after uninstalling both rainmeter and it's skins the issue persists. It seems that the taskbar is masked to the left of the screen as it looks like this when on the top and bottom. It displays fully in...
  7. Not detecting 2d monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not detecting 2d monitor: I have done everything suggested online and still, Windows will not recognize my second monitor since the June 11 update.PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-2d-monitor/c7ace34e-ccea-49fb-bf4a-259ab17dc613
  8. Paint3d printing in 2d

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paint3d printing in 2d: I am trying to print a large image from the paint3d app in 2d. I don't want it to be adjusted to fit the paper, so I manually adjusted it to 100%. However, it is only printing the first page. Is there anyway to fix this and get it to print all the pages? submitted by...
  9. My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper: I work on the PC that runs Windows 10. I want to ask you about a problem with screen sharing. My second screen suddenly (I didn’t change anything) started to display incorrectly. I can see only Taskbar and Wallpaper. It doesn’t depend on the real display and on the monitor...
  10. 2d gaming with hololense?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2d gaming with hololense?: Hypothetically, instead of a major setup, could I just have a keyboard and mouse attached to my gaming PC and play the game through a hololense? How would that work, as I'd need a dedicated PC for the horsepower. Could I connect my Gaming PC directly to the hololense or would...