Windows 10: Windows 20H2. No bluetooth when starting computer

Discus and support Windows 20H2. No bluetooth when starting computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell XPS 9550. Around a month ago, while still having 2004, something happened in one of the windows updates because suddenly the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VampaGaray, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Windows 20H2. No bluetooth when starting computer

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 9550. Around a month ago, while still having 2004, something happened in one of the windows updates because suddenly the laptop would not have bluetooth activated when starting up. I would show Bluetooth is off in Settings.

I was able to fix it by running the troubleshooter and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers, but after shutting down the computer again the same problem and bluetooth off.

I updated to 20H2 and it has not solved the issue. I have tried diffferent options I found online but no solution.

Can you please help and tell me what to do. Thanks.

:)

VampaGaray, Nov 21, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Nov 21, 2020
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    20H2 - no bluetooth?

Hello Franz_liszt,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I can see your device's Bluetooth has disappeared.

The most common and best way to resolve this is by visiting your device's manufacturer website and download the latest Bluetooth driver. Once downloaded, have it installed and check if it's going to work properly.

You can also start troubleshooting the Bluetooth via Device Manager.

1. Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.

2. Click on Bluetooth.

2. Right-click on the Bluetooth driver.

3. Select Update this driver.

If updating doesn't help, click on uninstall this driver instead. Then restart your device and go back to Device Manager. Right-click on Bluetooth then select scan for hardware changes. It should automatically detect the Bluetooth driver and reinstall it.

Here's also a link for possible troubleshooting steps that may help you with the Bluetooth issue:

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Since the issue appeared after installing an 20H2, please consider rolling back the update:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

4. In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

I hope this helps.

[Suejin], Nov 21, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 20H2. No bluetooth when starting computer

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    - ||ASUS Global

P4-630, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 20H2. No bluetooth when starting computer

1. Windows 20H2. No bluetooth when starting computer - Similar Threads - 20H2 bluetooth starting

2. Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2: Hi,I've been tasked to check out what happens with Windows 20H2 and Bluetooth devices.The issue: Upon upgrading to 20H2 on many devices Laptops from Dell, HP and Lenovo with Intel 10th gen CPU's as well as 2 no name desktops with Ryzen 7 5800X - I saw a similar...
  3. Bluetooth not Detected on Windows 10 20H2

Bluetooth not Detected on Windows 10 20H2: I had issue with bluetooth in my laptop i'm using lenovo s340 .After update to windows 10 version 20H2 my bluetooth can't detected, i've been tryin to reinstall the bluetooth driver but its not working my bluetooth still can't detected.Anyone could help me?...
  4. Bluetooth Issues Windows version 20H2- Blue Tooth not appearing on start up on my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth Issues Windows version 20H2- Blue Tooth not appearing on start up on my...: Hello I am having ongoing issues connecting my Bluetooth speaker device on my computer. My speaker works well on my mobiles as I just turn the BT on for my mobile and the BT appears straight away On Windows it is a different story. Every time that I need to play You Tube or...
  5. 20H2 Bluetooth problem

20H2 Bluetooth problem: I can't connect my headphones even I tried discoverable mode The headphones im using is Beats Solo 3 wireless Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB Device ID 6297E596-0AD4-4CF7-AC6A-2EA4ED62D5FF Product ID...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2: Hi, I am having a problem with the full-screen start menu, when I have it on the full screen it has an ugly grey or a blinding white color as the background. Does anybody know how to fix this?[ATTACH]...
  7. HELP ME! BSOD on Windows 10 20h2 !!! When starting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP ME! BSOD on Windows 10 20h2 !!! When starting!: Hello friends, I recently updated my windows 10 1909 to 20h2, when I turn on my pc I got a blue screen with the message: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Then it restarts and everything normal. I can even play GTA V, COD Warzone normally. Then I turn off the computer and the next...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts: When I start my pc the network drives don't reconnect. If I look in File Explorer the Y and Z mapped drives have red Xs on them. Clicking on the drives sometimes connects them and all's well, and sometimes it says username or password incorrect and I have to delete the...
  9. Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts: On Windows 10 2004, Explorer.exe fails to start when I log in to my computer. It takes about 12 seconds to get past the log in screen when I successfully input my password. After that, I see nothing. In order to start Explorer.exe, I must CTRL + ALT + DEL and start it via...
  10. 20H2 - no bluetooth?

20H2 - no bluetooth?: When 20H2 was installed, my bluetooth disappeared. It shows up in devices,. I have uninstalled the drivers, and re-installed. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-no-bluetooth/dcad9cd2-12b7-48ad-b8d2-6b0ec6a46c0b