Windows 10: windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working

Discus and support windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , my computer after the 20h2 update started to make noisy sound its like "drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" and the screen stopped working , every thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ibrahimminawi, Mar 22, 2021.

1. windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working

Hello ,

my computer after the 20h2 update started to make noisy sound its like "drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" and the screen stopped working , every thing freezed

and it stays till i press the power button for 5 sec , that what happens most the time , some times blue screen appear with masseg "we are collecting data pleas wait" its the 6th or 7th time now

:)

ibrahimminawi, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Sound Not Working

Hi Enna,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the sound on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information for better assistance:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers after performing reset on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the audio on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2021
  4. windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working

Sound drivers not working.

Hi Josh,

I suggest you follow the given steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working

1. windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working - Similar Threads - 20h2 noisy sound

2. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  3. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  4. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: Split from this thread. <edited by VM>I need your help, please. A few weeks ago my sound card stopped working after a Windows 10 update. In fact, we had a power outage while installing the update and the computer shut down. The update continued without a problem when I turned...
  5. Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2: My sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2 on yesterday. That's why I followed all the posts on "Microsoft's community" site but none of them worked. Even when I go to the recovery option in Windows and check the "Go back to the previous version of...
  6. Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

Sounds not working after 20H2 update!: I have just had my pc update windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 os build 19042.985 and now my sound is not working. I have tried all the usual delete & reinstall drivers etc but to no avail.It state there is no audio device installed even though when I check device manager...
  7. sound stopped working!

sound stopped working!: Hello, The sound icon is start bar is showing a red "x" next to it. I could not turn the sound on from the settings. Troubleshooting did not help. I tried headphones and shutting own computer but did not work either. Please Help! Thanks, Nouf...
  8. Sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stopped working.: I haven't changed anything to the inputs or whatever. The only change is that an 'asus sound' thing asked me if my speakers were in-line or something else. I just clicked ok and now my speaker sound is gone. it's connected through the little green plug in the back. My headset...
  9. Sound stopped working.

Sound stopped working.: Sound stopped working after most recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/2adeb478-0fe7-4d89-9be4-671eb8302913
  10. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight. Can anyone please assist , Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/a30bb891-8c71-42d3-8a0f-daa29fea1a43