Windows 10: Windows 20H2 Settings Banners

Discus and support Windows 20H2 Settings Banners in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a question concerning the settings page banners. Unlike many users, I personally like the banners, but for some reason one of the items has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HHH03, Dec 21, 2020.

1. HHH03 Win User

Windows 20H2 Settings Banners

I have a question concerning the settings page banners. Unlike many users, I personally like the banners, but for some reason one of the items has suddenly disappeared... "Web Browsing." OneDrive, Windows Update, Rewards are there, Web Browsing is gone. It was there the other day, now it's gone. In the past, a person could use Mach2 to enable the items individually, I believe Mach2 doesn't work with the newest versions of Windows 10 and ViVeTool is the new tool of choice. However ViVeTool seems to more of a switch; everything on or everything off... unless there's other commands I haven't been able to find on the web.
    I know Microsoft can turn that stuff on and off whenever they want because a few weeks ago "Web Browsing" wasn't there, it showed up around KB4586853 and seems to be gone again.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS build 19042.685

:)

HHH03, Dec 21, 2020

2. About windows settings header banner

Why am i still not getting windows settings header banner? My laptop runs on windows 10, 2004 version. Recently i joined insider program and installed 20h2 , still i am unable to get settings header banner. I am using my Sony Vaio laptop with licened copy
    of windows 10.

Tanvi Nitin Prabhu, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 version 20H2 settings banner broken. How to fix ?

Windows 20H2 Settings Banners 52faa6bd-ee6b-433d-b182-196143963186?upload=true.png

This here what you see is the broken settings banner without my name. I recently upgraded my pc to latest version 20H2. Please provide a fix as it is really ugly to look at. Thanks !

Shourya Parasher, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Windows 20H2 Settings Banners

Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 20H2 Settings Banners

1. Windows 20H2 Settings Banners - Similar Threads - 20H2 Settings Banners

2. Settings Banner is No More

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Banner is No More: Looks like there been another major change to the Settings Banner. Both platforms today: Oddly my second machine, which isn't used much, showed it at first then it disappeared the next time I checked. It's an improvement if you ask me. 182465
  3. Settings banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings banner: Hi Why hasn’t Microsoft made a disable feature for that header/banner in setting it’s an eyesore to say the least. Surely developer would be aware of this , nearly as similar when edge got pushed to everyone without choice . I use my system in a local profile and keep...
  4. Windows Settings and Banners

Windows Settings and Banners: I personally like the banners on the Windows settings page. The other day, I was seeing 4 links... OneDrive, Windows Update, Rewards and Web Browsing. Yesterday, the Web Browsing Link is no longer there. I didn't do anything that I'm aware of to make it disappear. But...
  5. Banner on Win10 Settings Issue

Banner on Win10 Settings Issue: Good morning. The top banner on Win10 Settings doesn't show my account. It's mostly blank with a few other items. My wife's laptop shows her photo and her account email address. How can I fix this so mine appears properly? Please see the attached screen grab. Thank you...
  6. Windows 10 version 20H2 settings banner broken. How to fix ?

Windows 10 version 20H2 settings banner broken. How to fix ?: [ATTACH] This here what you see is the broken settings banner without my name. I recently upgraded my pc to latest version 20H2. Please provide a fix as it is really ugly to look at. Thanks !...
  7. The settings banner - very unwelcome

The settings banner - very unwelcome: What is the purpose of this banner - I know who I am there is a photo in case I forget, my email, that I have Onedrive and access to updates - I had the banner, thought I got rid of it, now it is back again, it does not seem directly tied to updates I am on Windows 2004 it...
  8. About windows settings header banner

About windows settings header banner: Why am i still not getting windows settings header banner? My laptop runs on windows 10, 2004 version. Recently i joined insider program and installed 20h2 , still i am unable to get settings header banner. I am using my Sony Vaio laptop with licened copy of windows 10....
  9. Banner on Settings Window

Banner on Settings Window: I have two computers, a laptop and desktop, both running Windows 10 Pro. The desktop got the new banner on the settings menu prior to version 2004 build 19041.329, but the laptop never did. Now both my computers have version 2004 build 19041.329, but my laptop never got the...
  10. About the banner on the settings panel

About the banner on the settings panel: I have several Windows 10 PC formal release 1909 and the latest Insider previews, but the banner of the settings panel is displayed onsome PCs but no banners on the other PCs. What is the cause of display or non display of banner? Is there any way to display the banner ?...