Windows 10: windows 20h2 sound issue

Discus and support windows 20h2 sound issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; downloaded the updated 2 days later windows froze for a while then this Distorted sound or a shhhhh shush sound appeared an I can't make it go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yaservip, Dec 8, 2020.

1. yaservip Win User

windows 20h2 sound issue

downloaded the updated 2 days later windows froze for a while then this Distorted sound or a shhhhh shush sound appeared an I can't make it go

deleting drivers won't make it go and both wired or Bluetooth and headphone have the same sound but my laptop speakers are working fine

talked to the support after basic troubleshooting they told me it's a bug and todays update will fix it but it didn't

tried everything sounds settings, drivers, windows updates nothing worked

although I can hear every other sound normally

anyone have any idea how to fix this ?

:)

yaservip, Dec 8, 2020

2. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 8, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue windows 20h2 sound issue :p

cadaveca, Dec 8, 2020
  4. windows 20h2 sound issue

Sound issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the new window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • In the list of options, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If troubleshooter doesn't fix issue uninstall and reinstall latest drivers from device manufacturer and check if the issue persist.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

windows 20h2 sound issue

1. windows 20h2 sound issue - Similar Threads - 20h2 sound issue

2. WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem: Lost sound bass which happend when i updated to v1909. But got fixed after some released updates. Now it happened again with 20h2. I know its not the driver issue because i tried various versions before. Using realtek Hd2.81. Core 15-2400 hyper x cloud headphone Dunno what...
  3. WIndows Update issues for 20H2

WIndows Update issues for 20H2: I've tried a number of times to install the latest feature update. I can also see where 2004 was never installed either. Every time that I try to install it, I get an error at the very end. It does the entire install - downloads, installs, reboots. But, when it comes...
  4. 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 issue: I have utilized a Windows Media Server to auto back up PCs on my home network for years. After updating to 20H2, I have tried to reinstall the WIndows Home Server Connector software. Now none of the PCs will allow the Connector software to connect to the server in order to...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 issues

Windows 10 20H2 issues: My PC forced an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.804, with very negative results, some details below*. The immediate question is that it is now offering an additonal, optional upgrade upon shutdown, so should I take that or hesitate because it might just put...
  6. 5.1 Sound issues after 20h2 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5.1 Sound issues after 20h2 update?: So immediately after the update, my gaming sound is different. It's dropped to 2.1 in steam games (No sub or back L or R) and severe volume drop in 5.1 for other games. Media player is fine in 5.1 and speaker config runs normally with good sound and no problems detected....
  7. No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current

No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current: While I'm using my new laptop for a month. Today, I start noticing that when I'm watching the Youtube content on the MS edge it's completely silent but if I use my wireless headset then sound comeback. After that, I go on surfing through the internet. I've tried a lot of...
  8. Issues with sound settings Win10 1909/Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with sound settings Win10 1909/Win10 20H2: We have a problem with the sound settings in the web browsers automatically switches to the default sound output in Windows, even though we have set the sound input and output to go from another device. See attached picture. A workaround is to let the browser run for around...
  9. windows 20h2 sound issue

windows 20h2 sound issue: downloaded the updated 2 days later windows froze for a while then this Distorted sound or a shhhhh shush sound appeared an I can't make it go deleting drivers won't make it go and both wired or Bluetooth and headphone have the same sound talked to the support after...
  10. windows 20h2 update issue

windows 20h2 update issue: windows is trying to install update 20h2 , but that update has already been installed how do i stop windows from continuing to try to update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-update-issue/49a10cb9-5aad-4892-8841-16eb56639b80