Windows 10: windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot

Discus and support windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so when i update to 20h2 it take 73 mins to boot like it shouldnt even take that long somebody help me please im trying to do my school on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jay_3331, Nov 11, 2020.

1. jay_3331 Win User

windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot

so when i update to 20h2 it take 73 mins to boot like it shouldnt even take that long somebody help me please im trying to do my school on it

:)

jay_3331, Nov 11, 2020
  2. erinel Win User

WIN 10 20h2 Problems Boot DVD

Have a few problems with the upgrade to win10 20h2

1. Shut down takes 3.5 minutes

2. boot up roughly 2 minutes

did sfc/scannow

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.572 Image Version: 10.0.19042.572

No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully.

3. DVDR Optical Drive no longer writes

followed all the steps

uninstall reinstall reboot

tried several discs, keeps asking for media

Tried different CDROMS H20 computers give same message

erinel, Nov 11, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 11, 2020
  4. windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot

Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot

1. windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot - Similar Threads - 20h2 takes minutes

2. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  3. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  4. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. First it was taking 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  5. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  6. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish (probably a month or so) whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login: First let me add some clarity and prevent confusion, I am not talking about my laptop's boot time, rather, I am talking about the time from me inputting my pin, to landing on the desktop. This can take anywhere between 50 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds, maybe even...
  8. Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.: Hi, So it's been quite a frustrating day for me, my computer suddenly became too slow to respond to shutdown or restart from windows and takes 5 to 10 mins to boot. And even after a fresh windows 10 install, it's still the same, I keep staring at the windows 10 boot...
  9. Windows boot up takes 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot up takes 30 minutes: Hey guys, I have a problem with system Boot. Last months i have a problem booting my PC, it takes more than 20 minutes to boot up. It used to do this only when the computer was restarted, now it always happens when I turn on the computer. Here is link with System Summary...
  10. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...