Windows 10: Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues

Discus and support Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed the 20H2 update last week but since then every time I boot my computer it doesn't boot to Windows, instead I get a message saying "Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lia00007, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues

I installed the 20H2 update last week but since then every time I boot my computer it doesn't boot to Windows, instead I get a message saying "Please enter setup to recover BIOS settings". I then go to BIOS and exit without changing anything and it boots. It also makes me sign into my Microsoft account after booting which it never used to.

I checked the boot settings and my NVMe SSD is the top boot priority which is right so I don't understand why I have to go to the BIOS every time I turn my computer on. Has anyone else had these issues or know how to solve it?

submitted by /u/lia00007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lia00007, Nov 3, 2020

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Desboro Win User
    Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues

Windows Update to 20H2

Thank you for the response. I see a couple of things in the logs. The log format for 20H2 is very different from previous releases. I couldn't get enough evidence if it is an access denied issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deploy... says:

0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Ensure that all that drivers are updated.

Open the Setuperr.log and Setupact.log files in the %windir%\Panther directory, and then locate the problem drivers.

For more information, see Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 setup log file locations.

Update or uninstall the problem drivers. A driver has caused an illegal operation.

Windows was not able to migrate the driver, resulting in a rollback of the operating system.

This is a SafeOS boot failure, typically caused by drivers or non-Microsoft disk encryption software.

Let us also check the Setupact.log and Setuperr.log from C:/Windows/Panther directory to find the problematic driver. Please share the same for the next steps.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues

1. Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues - Similar Threads - 20H2 update causing

2. Windows 11 update on my laptop causing boot issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update on my laptop causing boot issues: Recently, I have started witnessing booting issues on my HP laptop. I have been keeping my windows version up to date. But still I am frequently seeing startup issues. Every time, I switch on my pc, it is starting in F11 recovery mode and giving few options on blue screen....
  3. Windows Update to 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update to 20H2 issue: Attempting to upgrade a Windows 10 1809 system to 20H2 but it failed. I have upgraded other systems successfully so this seems to be a one off at the moment. Below is the contents of the setuperr.log file. Can anyone please help me decipher what the root issue is?2021-09-01...
  4. 20H2 Update Causing Issues

20H2 Update Causing Issues: Hi all, I clean installed 20H2 and ever since then I have been facing the below issues constantly: 1. Intermittent BSOD 2. Browser tab crashing intermittently Firefox, and Chrome 3. Error when trying to download games using EA Origin I am unable to revert to the previous...
  5. DPC Latency issues caused by dxgkrnl.sys on 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency issues caused by dxgkrnl.sys on 20H2: Hi all, I've recently been having DPC latency issues that I believe are being caused by dxgkrnl.sys. At this rate I have absolutely zero clue what could be causing it, I've followed through with multiple forums, and every single person I've seen that's had this issue has had...
  6. WIndows Update issues for 20H2

WIndows Update issues for 20H2: I've tried a number of times to install the latest feature update. I can also see where 2004 was never installed either. Every time that I try to install it, I get an error at the very end. It does the entire install - downloads, installs, reboots. But, when it comes...
  7. 2004 and 20H2 updates causing BSOD

2004 and 20H2 updates causing BSOD: Whenever I try to update to the newest version of Windows 10 from 1909 starting with 2004, now same issue with 20H2, my computer crashes and gives a Blue screen with an SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have looked at the error logs and they give a code of 0x0000003b. The error...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 update causing serious hanging issues - unusable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 20H2 update causing serious hanging issues - unusable: I have a machine which has just been updated to 20H2 build 19042.630 and it has rendered my machine unusable. Almost any operation which interreacts with the "file open/save" dialog box causes the application using that to "hang". Task Manager says the process is "Not...
  9. Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues

Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues: Hi, I am looking to get some support over an issue I've recently got with the new 20H2 update. I've recently changed my boot drive with an NVMe SSD and installed the newest Windows update20H2 from Microsoft iso file/entitlement package. My issues started at the very first...
  10. windows 20h2 update issue

windows 20h2 update issue: windows is trying to install update 20h2 , but that update has already been installed how do i stop windows from continuing to try to update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-update-issue/49a10cb9-5aad-4892-8841-16eb56639b80