Windows 10: Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans?

Discus and support Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; what can I do as after downloading window 20H2 update on the 19th of June for my ASUS UX434IQ Q40IQ, the fans gave out after 3 days. Same thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZooMi[]ion, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans?

what can I do as after downloading window 20H2 update on the 19th of June for my ASUS UX434IQ Q40IQ, the fans gave out after 3 days. Same thing happened to my roomie's HP ProBook after downloading the update, that's why I think its no coincidence???

:)

ZooMi[]ion, Jun 22, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans? [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans? [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jun 22, 2021
  4. nkomp18 Win User

Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans?

Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed my laptop

Hi there,

Maybe you didn't read? I had followed DELLs steps and the installation was successful.

Windows 10 destroyed my laptop randomly the next day, for no reason. It was working fine for a while. No driver issues or anything like that.

The most frustrating this is that the only solution now is to find Windows 8, install, run all available updates and then install Windows 10. Something which will take many many hours and after it is done might, again, destroy my laptop again for no reason.

nkomp18, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans?

1. Windows 20H2 update destroys laptops fans? - Similar Threads - 20H2 update destroys

2. After installing 20H2, my laptop has slowly destroyed itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing 20H2, my laptop has slowly destroyed itself.: Yesterday, my laptop uninstalled my GPU and I had to reinstall the drivers and Nvidia software, Microsoft Office was running like complete ****, I can't play any games, Unreal Engine 4 is constantly chugging and struggling to run 10fps max and I have some of the worst...
  3. The version 20H2 fan that wanted to fly...

The version 20H2 fan that wanted to fly...: Hi Folks...I just installed Windows 10, version 20H2 on my laptop this evening Lenovo X1 Carbon because Microsoft thought it was time...and now the fan, which rarely ever made much of a peep, is revvin' full throttle as though it wants to take off to go see the world. But...
  4. Laptop fans

Laptop fans: Ive been using my laptop just for google docs and the fans are so loud, is there anyway I can turn them down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fans/fffc5228-ba0f-4e25-bfb1-b4af3920aabb
  5. Updates totally destroyed my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates totally destroyed my laptop?: Last month, it seemed I was getting Window updates every few days. Started getting error messages and took forever to get to my login screen, so I contacted Microsoft Support. The first rep I spoke to uninstalled windows and began to reinstall it. The next day it had not...
  6. Updates totally destroyed my laptop?

Updates totally destroyed my laptop?: Last month, it seemed I was getting Window updates every few days. Started getting error messages and took forever to get to my login screen so I contacted Microsoft Support. The rep I spoke to uninstalled windows and began to reinstall it. The next day it had not...
  7. Destroyed my laptop...

Destroyed my laptop...: I am disabled and accidently fell on my Dell laptop cracking the screen and bending the casing out of whack. The hard drive is still good. I just ordered a new laptop and want to install my old SSD drive into the new machine. It is a 2TB drive. I am sure the new machine...
  8. Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop

Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop: For the past year I have been repairing my Toshiba laptop after Windows 10 updates crashed it. After two visits to a technician I decided to contact Microsoft. I spent hours talking to someone on the phone. My daughter created 2 USB Windows ISO files for me (64 & 32). I then...
  9. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....
  10. Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update

Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update: Apparently my laptop updated while I left it unattended, and now I get error message no matter what I try. It says my computer needs to be repaired---missing file : Windows\system32\winload.efi. Error OXC0000225. Now, here's the fun part: I cannot bypass this error no...