Windows 10: Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems

Discus and support Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several Intel based Windows Systems and they have all received the latest 20H2 Update. I also have several AMD based Windows Systems and none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ken429, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Ken429 Win User

Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems

I have several Intel based Windows Systems and they have all received the latest 20H2 Update. I also have several AMD based Windows Systems and none of them have been offered the latest 20H2 Update. I did download the latest version of Windows from the Microsoft Site this morning (11/4/2020).

Is Microsoft holding back releasing the 20H2 Update for AMD (1700X, 2700X, 3800X and 3900X) based systems?
    Since MSFT keeps it a secret - what version did I get with the 11/4/2020 download?

Help appreciated.

:)

Ken429, Nov 4, 2020
  2. mverzz Win User

AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help!

Dear Support forum,

Yesterday I installed the feature update 20H2.

After logging back-on a pop-up showed that the AMD graphic driver was not installed, which it was before the update.

However whenever I try to install any AMD graphic driver, the screen freezes completely.

When I restart by hard reset, the screen freezes already during the loading process (for example the circling dots before log-in screen).

The only way I can still log-in is by starting in Safe Mode, and/or by disabling the graphic driver completely as otherwise Windows is trying to install any update.

I have tried restoring my system via System Restore, didnt help. Tried to roll back the feature update, but unable to, Windows is asking me to completely reset.

I have tried installing a new driver via AMD website, Driver Booster, Windows Update, Device Manager.. nothing worked, everytime during the installing process the screen will freeze completely.

Some computer data, hope its sufficient:

ACER Aspire E1 Series

Windows

Windows 10 Home - 64 bits

Version 20H2, OS build 19042.546

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.29 GHz

Graphic Cards

AMD Radeon HD 8750M

Intel HD Graphics Family

I hope any of you have any suggestions to help me out!

Kind regards,

Max

mverzz, Nov 4, 2020
  3. windows updates 20H2

Hi team...my most recent version is windows 10 20H2 , despite that the office 2010 32 bit updates are failing with the error code 0x80070643....i checked several times and updated office 2019 on my PC.

unable to find a solution, and it seems that if eventually that will fail....ultimately operating system clean install option will be the last remaining option, which I do not want to do.....

kindly suggest what to do?

Mohit.Tandon, Nov 4, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update AMD

2. Update "amd system 20.50.0.0"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update "amd system 20.50.0.0": Hi there, since weeks i frequently get this notification for update: "amd system 20.50.0.0". When Windows tries to install it it asks for a restart and windows starts trying to update again. And i cannot get rid of this annoying issue. Is there anyone who solved it?...
  3. Windows 10 20H2: Realtek & AMD drivers problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 20H2: Realtek & AMD drivers problem: I have a problem with the amd drivers, when I try to take a clip or a recording it does not save the sound, I have astro a10 headphones, connected by a splitter to the back of the MB, however if I connect an xbox control and I take a clip the audio is recorded.I had the new...
  4. Windows 20h2 update crashes AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 20h2 update crashes AMD drivers: Hi. I've recently updated my Windows version to the latest build, and since then I've had multiple restarts when playing games. I have tried using DDU to remove my drivers AMD and reinstalling different versions of them, but all of them cause that launching a game and...
  5. AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:

AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:: Hi I know a lot about Windows and fixing software and programing. But this is bothering me I have 2 pc s one Lenovo and one Asus Lenovo has windows 10 pro 1909 and i installed all drivers when i try to update, It will crash after update in boot screen after logo in gone...
  6. Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System: I recently updated my system to 20H2 (Fresh Install going through updates) and once it applied the update, I only get a BSOD upon startup. I decided to do another fresh reinstall of Windows and its the same thing when it updates. . Any way to fix this issue? The error code is...
  7. Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems: I have several Intel based Windows Systems and they have all received the latest 20H2 Update. I also have several AMD based Windows Systems and none of them have been offered the latest 20H2 Update. I did download the latest version of Windows from the Microsoft Site this...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 AMD Compatability

Windows 10 20H2 AMD Compatability: Hello, I am custom building my own computer - therefore I need to choose a CPU. I am trying to find out if the new AMD processors (Ryzen 5, 7, 9 5xxx) will be compatible with Windows 10 20H2. If you can, I would greatly appreciate any tips on which processor to choose that...
  9. Windows10 20H2 broken my system updates

Windows10 20H2 broken my system updates: I dunno what happened with this update but it broke my system updater when I go to windows updates it just say please wait with the loading bar and my shut down has a Update and Shutdown/restart I've tried cleaning the software distribution folder restarting and stopping band...
  10. Windows 10 Update Fails due to AMD Drivers on System Without AMD Hardware

Windows 10 Update Fails due to AMD Drivers on System Without AMD Hardware: So my windows update stalls out due to this problem: [ATTACH] I have read the following articles and forum posts on this issue: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln319413/windows-10-cannot-install-1903-update-with-certain-versions-of-amd-raid-drivers?lang=en...