Windows 10: Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore

Discus and support Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all! For those of you that remember me, hello again :P. I got all my hardware stuff sorted but I'm back to my very first issue. Getting Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vellaura, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Vellaura Win User

Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore

Hello all!

For those of you that remember me, hello again Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore :p. I got all my hardware stuff sorted but I'm back to my very first issue. Getting Windows on my usb to boot.

Basically it loads for a bit, the windows logo appears for a second then I'm stuck on a blinking underscore.

Things I've tried already:

1. Using Rufus and trying all the options.
    2. Version 1909 works (had to go and find a old iso, was very sketch.)
    3. Other faulty harddrive has been removed completely.
    4. This same issue happened on the version 2004 media creation tool.
    5. Primary sata cable is plugged into harddrive. I read somewhere that could be a reason. But only 1 harddrive is plugged in anyways.
    6. Bios is completely up to date.

And that's about it really. I'm so close to the end.

I did read about another older win 7/8 media creation tool that apparently works with the Win 10 iso that could work but I'm not certain.

Thank you Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore :)

:)

Vellaura, Dec 30, 2020
  2. KGRG_08 Win User

Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the
    screen before logging in to windows. this blinking underscore is not present before i have a problem in my boot... is there a way to fix this problem? hope you guys can help me

sorry for bad english

KGRG_08, Dec 30, 2020
  3. MEHRUFK F Win User
    Blinking underscore while opening the computer

Hello,

I am using delll laptop and windows 8. My lapto
    Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore [​IMG]
    p
    was functioning properly till yesterday. When i opened the laptop yesterday by clicking on the power button, windows got started and then one underscore is showing up blinking. Attached the image.

Its been one day and the issue is not fixed yet. I have tried pressing F12 and clicking on "hard drive", but when we click on the hard drive it goes to the same page woth blinking underscore.

How do i go about fixing this. Kindly help me about providing detailed steps so that I can fix this issue.

Regards,

Mehruf

MEHRUFK F, Dec 30, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore - Similar Threads - 20H2 USB Installation

2. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  3. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  4. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with blinking underscore: Hi there so I bought a used PC and Optiplex 790 and i upgraded the PSU and GPU for something better, however ever since I bought the computer i had always the issue of when booting and black screen with blinking underscore. I can boot into windows os after a 3min or so,...
  6. Black screen with underscore blinking

Black screen with underscore blinking: I cant get access to fixboot command I just downloaded windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-underscore-blinking/f2d53fb5-2154-429b-853e-03f650fddac2
  7. Blinking Underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blinking Underscore: So yesterday I unplugged everything from my PC externally to give it a clean. I finish up and I plug everything back in. Powering on the system, I see that there is a blinking underscore in the top-left corner of the screen. I’ve had this issue before and had been able to fix...
  8. Blinking underscore after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blinking underscore after windows 10 update: After updating my laptop, whenever I try to start it up I get a black screen with a flashing underscore. My pc specs are: -Asus vivobook S14 -8GB ram -intel core i5 8520U -nvidia geforce 930MX Help me please...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...