Windows 10: Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome

Discus and support Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I am attending calls for work or even just watching Netflix or YouTube using Edge or Chrome, the whole system just freezes.I click on the close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AbhishtShukla, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome

When I am attending calls for work or even just watching Netflix or YouTube using Edge or Chrome, the whole system just freezes.I click on the close button for the browser, nothing happens.I can minimize it though, but it does not close.I Right-click on the Desktop and hit "Refresh". The right-click menu does not fade away 100%. I can still see it but it's just a bit translucent as if it was stopped in the middle of fading away.I was on 1909 just fine and because of this reason held out on updating to 20H2 for a very long time I freshly installed 1909 after the problem began, but on 20H2 a

:)

AbhishtShukla, Oct 6, 2021
  2. IcarusLSC Win User

Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly!

My browsers (both Edge 87.0.664.55 and Chrome 87.0.4280.88) freeze for about 2 - 2.5 minutes randomly! This is a fresh clean install of Windows10pro and did it before with the last install as well (I have all updates etc for win10pro 20H2, and latest Edge and Chrome.)

It's always 2m13s-2m27s that it freezes. I can't switch tabs within the browser then or open tabs. I can move the window around or close it (thou I can't open the same browser till after the 2min+.) I can use the rest of the computer fine it seems, and even open/use a different browser fine. It will do it when closing a tab or just browsing through a webpage. I can't figure out what is causing it. Tried both browsers with and without uBlock Origin to see if it was ads causing this but doesn't seem to make a difference.

No errors I can find anywhere.
    Any ideas??! This system I just built for my mother and she can't use it like this (its an older i5 750 with 8GB RAM, GTS8800 and three SSDs in it, but totally fine for her browsing etc.) *Sad
    Thanks all!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I installed Firefox (83.0) and it doesn't freeze at all yet. So its the Chromium based browsers that are doing it so far.

IcarusLSC, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Lord TJ Win User
    Internet browsers randomly freeze PC, automatically reboots

This issue began happening a few days ago. I am experiencing a complete system freeze following an automatic reboot. This happens only with internet browsers (tested with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge) being open, typically while loading a webpage or having
    more than one tab open, but I am finding no specific pattern to trigger it as freezing occurs within minutes of use up to a few hours.

Ive had some programs become unable to open such as Malwarebytes and Nexus Mod Manager as a freeze happened while loading in a program, a complete reinstall fixes the issue.

Steps I have tried:

• Delete browsing history via Control Panel Internet Options and browsers
    • Cleaned PC of dust - hardware temps are also good
    • Virus(Eset NOD32) & Malware(Malwarebytes) Scans - no negative results
    • msconfig services check - good
    • msert.exe microsoft security tool - no negative results
    • RAM check - good
    • Drivers up to date

Any other ideas?

Lord TJ, Oct 6, 2021
  4. Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome

1. Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome - Similar Threads - 20H2 version freezes

2. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  3. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  4. Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome: When I am attending calls for work or even just watching Netflix or YouTube using Edge or Chrome, the whole system just freezes.I click on the close button for the browser, nothing happens.I can minimize it though, but it does not close.I Right-click on the Desktop and hit...
  5. Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 20H2 version freezes randomly while using internet browsers like Edge or Chrome: When I am attending calls for work or even just watching Netflix or YouTube using Edge or Chrome, the whole system just freezes.I click on the close button for the browser, nothing happens.I can minimize it though, but it does not close.I Right-click on the Desktop and hit...
  6. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  7. PC randomly freeze while browsing chrome

PC randomly freeze while browsing chrome: PC randomly freeze while browsing chrome freeze for 30 sec and restartthe issue only happened when i was using hardware acceleration enabled app like chrome and discordthese are we i have done so far- use ddu to uninstall the driver- reinstall driver- use performance mode in...
  8. all browsers like chrome,edge,opera are freezing in windows 10 20h2 19042.572,system is not...

all browsers like chrome,edge,opera are freezing in windows 10 20h2 19042.572,system is not...: Good Day, I desperately needed help about this issue on browsers that suddenly freezes, but the the windows system isn't affected, I can close browsers that freezes through task manager, I can use office tools or gaming when browser freezes, I've tried to troubleshoot as...
  9. Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly!

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly!: My browsers (both Edge 87.0.664.55 and Chrome 87.0.4280.88) freeze for about 2 - 2.5 minutes randomly! This is a fresh clean install of Windows10pro and did it before with the last install as well (I have all updates etc for win10pro 20H2, and latest Edge and Chrome.) It's...
  10. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...