Windows 10: Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Window File Manager reborn. Project is maintained on GitHub - Microsoft/winfile: Original Windows File Manager (winfile) with enhancements. Available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10

Brink, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10

Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

"UWP is completely managed (memory pointers are forbidden) like .NET Framework is."
    I was talking about apps built for the UWP framework, not UWP itself. I'm fully aware that UWP and .NET Framework are predominantly coded in C++ like much of Windows.

IntPtr is a managed pointer. It is almost strictly used for external calls where pointers are unavoidable.

/unsafe can lead to not getting Windows Store certification.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10

1. Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Manager available

2. Android apps now available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android apps now available for Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tech_Lover_extra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibdnx4/android_apps_now_available_for_windows_10/
  3. Set default file manager to Files UWP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default file manager to Files UWP?: Hey guys I recently downloaded Files UWP from the windows store and it's a great file manager with a clean ui and great shortcuts and management, but I was wondering if there's a way to set it as my default manager; for example when I go to open a file from another...
  4. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  5. UWP App Suspension in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP App Suspension in Task Manager: Hello I've encountered this problem during the time of post, and I already understand that the new UWP suspension system help with power efficiency but I have one question. Is it possible to unsuspend a program? I've been trying to search for ways to reverse the suspension of...
  6. UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10: At Build this year, we gave a sneak preview of a set of new APIs designed to provide diagnostic information about running apps. You can see the videos hereand here – but note that these were based on a pre-release implementation. So, while the Build videos are still correct...
  7. Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 demo now available

in Windows 10 News
    Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 demo now available: [img] Windows 10 players can now get a taste of the epic automotive adventure that is Forza Horizon 3 with the launch of the Windows 10 demo of Forza Horizon 3. Starting today, the Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 PC demo is available in the Windows Store for no additional...
  8. System Center Configuration Manager 1511 now available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System Center Configuration Manager 1511 now available for Windows 10: Over the past few months we have been working to finalize the latest version of System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr). We are excited to announce that this new current branch of System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (version 1511) is now...
  9. Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a UWP File Explorer app Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14936 includes a new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) File Explorer app that is still an unfinished early version....
  10. The New Onedrive UWP App now available for PC's

in Windows 10 News
    The New Onedrive UWP App now available for PC's: We’re continually working on making the OneDrive experience on Windows 10 even better. Today, we’re releasing an update that brings the OneDrive app to your Windows 10 PC and the Surface Hub─a top requested feature on our UserVoice forum. The new OneDrive sync client...