Windows 10: Windows 7, 10 AND a business version of 10

Discus and support Windows 7, 10 AND a business version of 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Trying to get something sorted and have been through Microsofts help system plus connected to the "Talk to a person" option which in reality just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Issues on WIndows 7 10, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Windows 7, 10 AND a business version of 10

Trying to get something sorted and have been through Microsofts help system plus connected to the "Talk to a person" option which in reality just connected to another AI system with more options to choose from, but no actual help. Have developed expert&AI systems in the past, hoping for a future of great data driven AI systems but developers lack fantasy and experience to develop so current systems are still not good enough. Anyhow, in lieu of help from Microsoft I hope community can help me.

I have 2 PCs. Both had Windows 7 to start with.

I installed Windows 10 on the newer PC and got a digital license connected to my microsoft account. I have emails welcoming me to Windows 10, but there is no mention of a product key or digital license in that email.

Meanwhile, my older pc was just there as a backup for me and I could upgrade it later - or so I thought. This part is my fault, I should have updated to Windows 10 directly.

Some weeks ago, my newer pc started malfunctioning. One key after another broke and I do NOT want to go replace it bec I need a keyboard in my own language, not English. The English keyboard is sadly the only thing available in this country where I am now.

I though to myself that I could at least work temporarily on my old pc, so I started searching my home for it. However... Not the case. Someone, no names mentioned, had erased it and installed a trial version of Windows 10 which will expire in a few days. I thought to myself "Ok, no big deal, can just install from scratch because I have the Windows 7 original key AND then the licence key tied to my account from the newer PC". But alas! The system will accept neither one.

What can I do? Is there a way to force the pc to accept the old Windows 7 product key?

Or can I count on the licence key from my MS account to override the test version of Windows 10, even though it was installed on a different PC?

I think I am am in trouble so I am sitting here now, counting down to see IF all is Ok (as my ms office indicates when I am signed on). If so the trial business version of Windows 10 will just go away.. but it seems more likely (as I suspect) that I will be locked out on this old PC a few days from now.

Anyone who has an answer?

I do not want to buy another windows licence for this very old pc. I just need it to work for another 6 months or so with 0 cost attached. If there is no such solution for me, I will just have to ask the next person travelling to my country to go shop for me.

I am tired though.

:)

Issues on WIndows 7 10, Jan 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 7, 10 AND a business version of 10

Which windows 10 version to choose

I'm making an USB windows 10 installation for my old windows 7 laptop.
    Which version of windows 10 to use? I have windows 7 home premium on it.

Should I use "windows 10" or "windows 10 Home Single Language" or "windows 10 N"

Thanks!

P4-630, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7, 10 AND a business version of 10

1. Windows 7, 10 AND a business version of 10 - Similar Threads - business version

2. Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.: Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-home-version-system-ask-for/38a47bd8-00fc-4d71-8b69-111f3fe4bb59
  3. Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.: Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-home-version-system-ask-for/38a47bd8-00fc-4d71-8b69-111f3fe4bb59
  4. CAN I USE WINDOWS 11 HOME VERSION FOR CORPORATE BUSINESS? IS THAT LEGAL AND WILL HAVE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN I USE WINDOWS 11 HOME VERSION FOR CORPORATE BUSINESS? IS THAT LEGAL AND WILL HAVE...: TO ASK ABOUT WINDOWS LICENSE COMPLIANCE USING AT CORPORATE BUSINESS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-11-home-version-for-corporate/5a056f9f-99b0-4401-a38d-46b724afc3d2
  5. CAN I USE WINDOWS 11 HOME VERSION FOR CORPORATE BUSINESS? IS THAT LEGAL AND WILL HAVE...

CAN I USE WINDOWS 11 HOME VERSION FOR CORPORATE BUSINESS? IS THAT LEGAL AND WILL HAVE...: TO ASK ABOUT WINDOWS LICENSE COMPLIANCE USING AT CORPORATE BUSINESS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-11-home-version-for-corporate/5a056f9f-99b0-4401-a38d-46b724afc3d2
  6. Windows 10 Business Edition, version 20H2

Windows 10 Business Edition, version 20H2: Our company is requiring all computers are upgraded to Windows 10 Business Edition, version 20H2 by March 31, 2022. It is now April 6 and we have multiple computers quarantined due to not taking the update. We try to run the update and it continuously fails we have to run the...
  7. Windows 10 Business Edition, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Business Edition, version 20H2: Our company is requiring all computers are upgraded to Windows 10 Business Edition, version 20H2 by March 31, 2022. It is now April 6 and we have multiple computers quarantined due to not taking the update. We try to run the update and it continuously fails we have to run the...
  8. Windows 10 Business Edition, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Feature update to Windows 10 business editions, version 20H2 fails after 90% for Windows 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10 business editions, version 20H2 fails after 90% for Windows 1909: From setupdiag:Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information: Machine Name = ROSE5CG8333K87 Manufacturer = HP Model = HP EliteBook 840 G5...
  10. Feature update to Windows 10 business editions, version 20H2 fails after 90% for Windows 1909

Feature update to Windows 10 business editions, version 20H2 fails after 90% for Windows 1909: From setupdiag:Matching Profile found: FindRollbackFailure - 3A43C9B5-05B3-4F7C-A955-88F991BB5A48SetupDiag version: 1.6.2107.27002System Information: Machine Name = ROSE5CG8333K87 Manufacturer = HP Model = HP EliteBook 840 G5...