Windows 10: windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

Discus and support windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AllanBeason, Sep 12, 2020.

1. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7?

:)

AllanBeason, Sep 12, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 12, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

Upgrade Windows 7 to 10 Error 0x8007001f

The partition layout of disk 0 (shown as disk 1 in Partition Manager) is non standard and was customized by the manufacturer. A normal Win 7 installation will have a layout:
    1. 100MB System Reserved, NTFS format and marked as Active
    2. C drive.
    A normal Windows 10 installation will have:
    1. 550MB Reserved partition, NTFS format and marked as Active
    2. C drive.
    Since you know how to use Minitool Partition Manager. Suggest to use it:
    1. Create a bootable installation USB from the Windows ISO using: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    2. Delete the 1st 2 partitions (102MB, 15GB) then create a 550MB partition, format as NTFS, label "System Reserved", assign a letter R, mark as Active
    3. Move C drive next to the newly created 550MB. should look like the screen shot below, note H: drive should be C: in your case:

4. Boot up the USB created in step 1, on the first screen, press SHIFT+F10 to open the Admin command prompt then type:
      bcdboot C:\Windows /s R: /f BIOS =====> This will create the BCD to boot Windows and store in R: (550MB partition)
    5. Reboot the PC then try to upgrade again
    NOTE: It is advisable to create a backup image of the whole disk 0, just in case anything goes wrong then you can restore back before making any modification.
    To create a backup image Use:
    Macrium Reflect Free Edition x64
    Macrium Reflect Free Edition x86

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

1. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR - Similar Threads - FREE upgrADE ACTIVATION

2. Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro free via Microsoft from Windows 7.I am anticipating I may soon have to reformat my HDD as I keep getting blue screens.Do I have to install Windows 7 again and then use the Windows 10 Pro upgrade which I saved or can I simply just install Windows...
  3. Cannot upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 with free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 with free upgrade: Hi,I have tried to upgrade my computer from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade offer as outlined by the article below.https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/When I attempt to upgrade I am faced with the following error...
  4. windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago

windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago: Hi there, just recently found out that my free upgraded windows 10 from an activated windows 7 now says that im not activated. not sure how long its said this but I'm trying to fix. i do have the original windows 7 sticker on the original box when i purchased the pc...
  5. Windows 10 Pro activation error , months after free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro.

Windows 10 Pro activation error , months after free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro.: Hello there, I had a Windows 7 Pro on my laptop, working perfectly until I got the suggestion for free upgrade to Windows 10 which eventually became a " you-have-to-do -t". Anyway, I did it and it automatically was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. It was working normal until...
  6. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  7. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7

ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT USE MY PRODUCT KEY FROM WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO FREE UPGRADE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-after-free-upgrading-from/282f861b-a36d-44c6-9b73-f0e32f2e5453"
  8. Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???

Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???: A number of people are telling me that they have recently (last month) upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 by using the Microsoft media creation tool. I was under the impression that this option was no longer available. How is this possible???...
  9. Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key

Windows 10 Free upgrade, Now reinstalling with Windows 7 Activation key: I bought windows 7, years ago and upgraded FOR FREE to windows 10 now. I need to reinstall windows on a new SSD and transfer everything over BUT I will only do a clean install no exceptions. So will my activation code still work for windows 10 I download it?...
  10. Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.

Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.: So, many Windows 7 and 8.1 users started getting the notification to reserve their free copies of Windows 10. But what about those insiders who clean installed the Insider Preview? (Not upgraded from an existing system). How will activation work? Gabe Aul said on...