Windows 10: Windows 7/10- no 5.1 Dolby or DTS test tone- my solution

Discus and support Windows 7/10- no 5.1 Dolby or DTS test tone- my solution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This thread has been in discussion for years and I found a surprising solution. I recently updated my home theater PC with new mobo/processor etc. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Reiver William, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Windows 7/10- no 5.1 Dolby or DTS test tone- my solution

This thread has been in discussion for years and I found a surprising solution.

I recently updated my home theater PC with new mobo/processor etc. My old board used a coaxial spdif to run to my receiver in another room. The new board only had a optical spdif so I bought one of those $10 optical-to-coaxial adapters online. Seemed to work perfectly....the test tone in Windows worked in all the sampling frequencies. What did not work was the Windows Dolby and DTS test tones. It cycled through the speakers but no sound emerged. So my received played digital audio...just not in Dolby or DTS.

- After puzzling over this for weeks I noticed in the small print for the digital adapter ad that it could only pass 2-channel digital, not 5.1 or 7.1. In fact none of the cheap adapters I saw could do more than 2 channel. So I bought a 35 foot optical cable online and ran it to the receiver. DD and DTS worked instantly.

:)

Reiver William, Jan 6, 2019
  2. byu1 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

Maybe. I tested on build 16184 with mod file from Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7, 8,10, page #1681. When I click on test a sound on DTS and DDL, no error( fail to a tone) .

byu1, Jan 6, 2019
  3. byu1 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I installed the file from post #1665 .

I noticed speakers has a new 'dolby audio tab' , realtek manager has a turn on/off button for DTS connect, default format does NOT have DTS. Digital output (optical) stay the same, DTS in format list, not enable, windows audio when play a test it will say 'fail to play test tone'.

byu1, Jan 6, 2019
  4. dvojinov Win User

Windows 7/10- no 5.1 Dolby or DTS test tone- my solution

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

do you have asus board ? did you care to check my page ?

all right I checkd your specifications your mobo and audio setup is :

• Realtek ALC889 codec
    • High Definition Audio
    • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    • Support for Dolby® Home Theater
    • Support for S/PDIF Out
    That doesn't necessary mean Dolby Digital Live ..if by any chance you have Dolby Digital Live and want to go with it you should use your manufacturers drives , however if this DHT is one of the Software solutions DAX 1 , 2 or whatever and you dont have DOlby Digital Live 5.1 surround to select that means only native DOLBY and DTS are sported as pass-through once such contest is detected but you wont gain all time 5.1 as you miss Dolby Digital LIve or DTS Interactive (gaming , music videos that are not Dolby or DTS ) in this case check my page :

SimpleSite.com

read the instructions carefully EXPLORE THE PAGE and follow them step by step and it may be that you end up with full DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live on your board , as it is GIABYTE you have great chances ..ASUS unfortunately has issues with DTS interactive ongoing more then 6 months now and I start to believe that ASUS lost DTS Interactive licence and is drooped out of the game or they have issue that they are not aware off .

dvojinov, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7/10- no 5.1 Dolby or DTS test tone- my solution

1. Windows 7/10- no 5.1 Dolby or DTS test tone- my solution - Similar Threads - Dolby DTS test

2. Windows 10 sound error: Failed to play test tone and everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sound error: Failed to play test tone and everything: Hi, I need some help with my sound on Windows 10. Everything is ok but I can’t hear any sound from my speakers or headphones. When I go to the Sound settings and try to play a test tone, it says “Failed to play test tone”. This error started yesterday after I updated Windows...
  3. Windows 10 sound error: Failed to play test tone and everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 sound error: Failed to play test tone and everything: Hi, I need some help with my sound on Windows 10. Everything is ok but I can’t hear any sound from my speakers or headphones. When I go to the Sound settings and try to play a test tone, it says “Failed to play test tone”. This error started yesterday after I updated Windows...
  4. Windows 11 - no spatial audio no dolby,dts - nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - no spatial audio no dolby,dts - nothing: Hey, im on w11 on a compatibile msi laptop.I upgraded to w11 and everything was fine, after ~18.10.2021 everything from windows spatial audio went midding and i miss my dolby for headphones SO MUCH.... It was working before.I've tried older/newer realtek driversChecked for...
  5. Windows 11 - no spatial audio no dolby,dts - nothing

Windows 11 - no spatial audio no dolby,dts - nothing: Hey, im on w11 on a compatibile msi laptop.I upgraded to w11 and everything was fine, after ~18.10.2021 everything from windows spatial audio went midding and i miss my dolby for headphones SO MUCH.... It was working before.I've tried older/newer realtek driversChecked for...
  6. Realtek ALC1200 Dolby or dts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek ALC1200 Dolby or dts.: Dear microsoft, I wanted to ask you a question concerning the Realtek ALC1200 chip, connecting the system with an optical cable, the dolby or dts possibilities are not displayed. Only 2 ch.Everything is perfectly updated, Gygabite aorus pro-p motherboard, after a day of work...
  7. Dolby atmos vs dts for headphones or both

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby atmos vs dts for headphones or both: I'm using kodi to watch movies on my laptop. The Blu-ray files I have are a mixture of different audio encodings, like Dolby atmos and dts-ma. Since I know I can get surround sound through my headphones, I'm looking into Dolby atmos or headphones and dts sound unbound app....
  8. Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound greyed out: Following a recent issue. I had to do a fresh install of Win 10. Following that said install, settings for Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound are completely greyed out. I had access to all of them as I do have the hardware requirements met. I believe it could be just a matter of...
  9. Dolby and DTS

Dolby and DTS: can't be downloaded from Microsoft Store, I paid for these apps, if you can give us these apps, then you should refund us $$$$$ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-and-dts/2a45813d-02e2-4860-bc0f-27a36d5ee903
  10. Fix Failed to play test tone error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Failed to play test tone error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you see Failed to play test tone error while testing your speaker or headphone, here are some solutions to fix the problem. People often use the test tone to check the right-left balance of speakers and headphones. But, if [...] This post Fix Failed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spdif no 5.1

2. windows dts test

3. no dolby 5.1 over optical in windows 10

4. will my dell lattitude play dolby 5.1