Windows 10: Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically

Discus and support Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have been having an issue with computer going to sleep after 15 min of inactivity. I set a custom power plan, but it keep reverting back to 15 min... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JeremyHeidemann, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically

Have been having an issue with computer going to sleep after 15 min of inactivity. I set a custom power plan, but it keep reverting back to 15 min sleep mode automatically. This has been happening on Windows 7 and 10 machines.

:)

JeremyHeidemann, Apr 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings

Hi, David.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We
    in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to inform you that Windows 10 has the feature to adjust power settings as to your liking. To do so follow the steps below:

Steps: Power Option

1. Click on the Start Menu, select "Settings".

2. Click on "System" then from the left menu pane click
    "Power & Sleep".

3. Choose the option from the drop down list.

Hope this information helps. Do revert back to us with the status of the issue.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 28, 2020
  3. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are facing issues with the Windows 10 Sleep, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?

Meanwhile, this issue could be related to the Hybrid sleep and the Fast Startup. Hence, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to turn off Hybrid Sleep:

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options, then click on Change plan settings.
    4. Click on Change advanced power settings and expand
      Sleep
      option.
    5. Now expand Allow hybrid sleep and then change settings to
      Off.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.

Steps to turn off Fast Startup:

1. Click on the Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    5. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    7. Click on Save changes. This will turn off fast startup.

Restart the system and check if the issue still persists.

We would also like you to open command prompt (Admin) after the PC wakes up. (Type in Windows search
    CMD and then right click on it, select Run as Administrator)

Then type the command as mentioned in the /lastwake & /energy
    section from this Powercfg command-line
    options
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically

Windows 10 Power Settings

Hi Robert,

We recommend you change the Power & sleep settings of your Windows 10 to check if the issue will occur. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under Screen and Sleep, click the drop-down menu and choose the shortest time setting.
    • Observe if your computer will go into Sleep mode.
    We'll be waiting for the result.

Argel Obm, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically

1. Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically - Similar Threads - Power Sleep Settings

2. Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep: I've tried saving custom profiles, enabled ultimate profile and no matter what I do, with or without a reboot, Windows keeps changing monitor sleep from Never to 15 min. I randomly come back to find my monitor off even after a clean install. What's wrong with your OS?...
  3. Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep: I've tried saving custom profiles, enabled ultimate profile and no matter what I do, with or without a reboot, Windows keeps changing monitor sleep from Never to 15 min. I randomly come back to find my monitor off even after a clean install. What's wrong with your OS?...
  4. power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep settings: I have a Surface Pro 7. I have all four power settings set to 15 minutes. My screen still turns of after 1 minute. What am I missing? What else can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep-settings/62217d41-6bea-4dda-953b-cbc41a78005b
  5. power sleep settings

power sleep settings: What is a recommended time to automatically set the computer to sleep. I don't want it to turn off while I'm using it but it would be reasonable to flicker off after a period of inactivity....
  6. Windows 10 Power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Power and sleep settings: I'd like my laptop to act in such a way that I cannot seem to create and was wondering if anyone had a workaround? I would like my laptop to power off after a set amount of time of lid close or inactivity, at the moment only sleep is available which drains the battery...
  7. power & sleep settings

power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  8. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  9. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  10. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...