Windows 10: Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 7 had a super and simple backup system. Windows 10 also worked with this. For a time. Now it does not and there does not appear to be a simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlecPopkin, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Windows 7 had a super and simple backup system. Windows 10 also worked with this. For a time. Now it does not and there does not appear to be a simple system to replace what Windows 7 had. I would appreciate anybody who is aware of how to simply back up my PC sharing this information with me.

:)

AlecPopkin, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

1. Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup

2. Windows Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Backup and Restore: I created an image on a multiple partition hard drive and then had to do a repair install. I did the following: 1. Deleted the image. 2. Tried to create the image: a. Selected partition with no problem but would not go to next operation of selecting what to backup. 3. Deleted...
  3. Problem with file history backup

Problem with file history backup: I cannot change the drive for FILE HISTORY. I have been able to remove the old drive but although the drive I want is listed, clicking it has no effect. Is FILE HISTORY of much use anyway? I have not bothered with it before, and when I look at what has been saved it seems...
  4. Have external drive with mirrored backup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have external drive with mirrored backup.: Now how to keep mirrored HD updated? Am ancient and not computer literate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-external-drive-with-mirrored-backup/d8e3b53c-b5a7-4d5f-b307-ef003bf8d653"
  5. Drive not showing full capacity after installing image backup to new ssd drive.

Drive not showing full capacity after installing image backup to new ssd drive.: Hi, I upgraded to a bigger ssd drive after the old one became quite full. I used an image backup to do this. All works well after the reinstallation of the new drive. Only problem is my new ssd drive does not show it's full capacity. I still says it is full in file explorer....
  6. ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS: ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS???? WHY????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80028ca0-when-making-backup-copy-of/c9e6b69c-5979-43e7-b4a3-12e95885d6a7
  7. Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation activates during full blown backup - solution?: Hey Forum I have an AhsayOBM 7.17.0.50 installed on a Windows 10 Pro Machine and my configured backup takes about 5 hours to complete, but the backup is stopped after 20 min. Clearly this is the powersettings, but why does a Windows 10 pro 1803 with January update, go...
  8. Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?

Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?: Are Windows 7 Backup/Restore and File History intended to coexist or are they mutually exclusive? 125466
  9. Backup fail

Backup fail: My iphone fail to back up but it still used 22gb of hard disk space that i can’t get back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-fail/072bedc5-c70b-4fa5-b9c8-3b97a88cfcf8"
  10. Windows 10 CMD backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 CMD backup: I really messed up. I enter into command prompt and use the ff. methods. Type CD RegBack and press <ENTER> to go to the RegBack folder. Type DIR and press <ENTER> to view the contents of the folder. All the following files must exist:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 win 7 backup