Windows 10: Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 7 had a super and simple backup system. Windows 10 also worked with this. For a time. Now it does not and there does not appear to be a simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlecPopkin, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AlecPopkin Win User

Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Windows 7 had a super and simple backup system. Windows 10 also worked with this. For a time. Now it does not and there does not appear to be a simple system to replace what Windows 7 had. I would appreciate anybody who is aware of how to simply back up my PC sharing this information with me.

:)

AlecPopkin, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. TheLostSwede Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 8, 2018
  4. jboydgolfer Win User

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup

2. Trying to Understand Backup/Recover/Restore Options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to Understand Backup/Recover/Restore Options: New to Windows 10, wanting to set up my backup routine(s). Although I have had Windows systems in the past( 95, XP, Vista, 8.1) still not quite understanding what the various backup options provide. What I have done: Activated File History to an external hard drive. Created...
  3. Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network

Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network: I have been using Windows 7 backup tool in Windows 10 Pro. I decided I need something a bit more powerful. I am asking for thoughts on backup solutions for backing up to a local hard drive through a USB connection and a network drive. Using Windows 10 Pro. 5 TB back up drive...
  4. Dell backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell backup and restore: Dell backup and restore has been running for 14 hours, is something wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-backup-and-restore/a31854b5-8606-409a-a1c7-d6491372a9ef
  5. Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network: I have been using Windows 7 backup tool in Windows 10 Pro. I decided I need something a bit more powerful. I am asking for thoughts on backup solutions for backing up to a local hard drive through a USB connection and a network drive. Using Windows 10 Pro. 5 TB back up drive...
  6. Windows 10 - Windows Backup

Windows 10 - Windows Backup: I just applied the latest update to Windows 10 which was available on 11/17/18. It broke Windows Backup. Windows Backup would not back up my files and showed the error: Error Code 0x80070013 and said that my media was write protected. I changed the owner of my media files...
  7. Backup "No usable drives found"

Backup "No usable drives found": Windows 10 Pro, Insider Preview. Was checking my Backup and found it was not running. Has in the past and have an older File History on an external drive. I want to create a new File History backup on a SSD, "D" on this PC. Go to "Add a Drive" in Settings, says "No usable...
  8. Backup "No usable drives found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup "No usable drives found": Windows 10 Pro, Insider Preview. Was checking my Backup and found it was not running. Has in the past and have an older File History on an external drive. I want to create a new File History backup on a SSD, "D" on this PC. Go to "Add a Drive" in Settings, says "No usable...
  9. checking the backup data

checking the backup data: hi! I just want to check if the data that i have made backup of on my external hard drive , has been made correctly. how do i check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-the-backup-data/4e247465-1a71-42a0-866e-d19f34af6e1c
  10. After Windows 10 version 1809 update Build 17763.1, my Backup and Recovery now shows error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 version 1809 update Build 17763.1, my Backup and Recovery now shows error...: Did October update to win 10 ver 1809 and now my backup and restore will not backup, keep getting Error 0x80070013. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-version-1809-update-build-177631/db3596b5-3003-4f5c-82df-0ca49cffd0f1