Windows 10: Windows 7 backup&restore on W10

Discus and support Windows 7 backup&restore on W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The backup&restore program is looking for a file that does not exist.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L.Levy, May 27, 2020.

1. L.Levy Win User

Windows 7 backup&restore on W10

The backup&restore program is looking for a file that does not exist.

:)

L.Levy, May 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 using the Windows 7 backup and restore

I would like an official response on the status of using Windows 7 backup and restore to create image backups of Windows 10 Pro workstations.

What is the status moving forward from W10 1709 and later?

What is the talk about depreciation of this backup method?

What is the issue about restoring only to a disk of the exact same size?

Do not suggest alternative products for backup. This question is only for W10 backup and restore solutions in the box. Also, this is NOT a discussion about user File History.

Doc

Dr. Strangelove, May 27, 2020
  3. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, May 27, 2020
  4. 5rollason Win User

File transfer windows 10 to windows 10 using backup and restore

Hello

I'm afraid you still don't seem to have understood my question.

Let me try again step by step.

My plan:

• Upgrade old PC running W7 to W10
    • Buy new PC with W10 pre-installed
    • Back up files and settings on old PC
    • Restore that backup onto new PC
    • Install application software onto new PC
    • New PC becomes my default PC, old one goes into retirement.
    I was aware that Windows 7 Easy Transfer would not run on W10 which was why I proposed this option.

I have now found an article which gives me confidence that I am on the right track. Although it refers to an earlier operating system

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/restore-files-backup#1TC=windows-7

5rollason, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 7 backup&restore on W10 - Similar Threads - backup&restore W10

2. Need help restoring my premium for film forth app on the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help restoring my premium for film forth app on the Microsoft store: I Have A Question: So I have Film Forth Premium on My old Laptop from Microsoft Store and I wanted it on my new Laptop That I just bought but when I downloaded Film Forth on My New Laptop it says I don't have premium , Is There Anyway I can Restore My Premium back on it I...
  3. Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?: Sorry the below is a bit long winded but I wanted to include all steps that I actioned…Laptop purchased with W11 and created W11 updated backup image to internal and external drives.Downgraded from W11 to W10 and created W10 updated backup image to internal and external...
  4. Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?: Sorry the below is a bit long winded but I wanted to include all steps that I actioned…Laptop purchased with W11 and created W11 updated backup image to internal and external drives.Downgraded from W11 to W10 and created W10 updated backup image to internal and external...
  5. Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to restore W10 backup from old machine to a new machine

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore W10 backup from old machine to a new machine: The old machine is FX6300 on Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 and the new machine is Ryzen 5 5600X on Gigabyte X570X AORUS Ultra. I want to restore a W10 backup onto the new machine I assembled. I have been using a disk utility for quite some time to create backup images and restore...
  7. Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.

Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.: I am not able to restore file from my W7 backup disk using W10 backup/restore. I have seen that Microsoft-staff claims that the old W7 backup is incuded in W10, but where? Is ther anyone who have a soloution?...
  8. Restore W10 File History backup on W8.1 - possible?

Restore W10 File History backup on W8.1 - possible?: Is it possible to restore a File History backup from Windows 10 to a Windows 8.1 installation? I do know it is possible to restore a backup from W10 to W10. I am considering downgrading my laptop from W10 to W8.1. Obviously the first step is to back up all of my data there...
  9. Can I restore backup M7 W10 image on new SSD and keep my HDD intact

Can I restore backup M7 W10 image on new SSD and keep my HDD intact: I am thinking of buying a new SSD and adding it to my desktop PC I have a Macrium 7 backup image of Windows 10 as well as other program files and data files of my current HDD. Is it possible to restore my macrium W10 image to a new SSD and leave the current HDD intact with...
  10. Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?

Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?: Though some testing. Windows 10 is a little too picky about being changed. I was trying my backup software & I also tried partition to partition copy using Mini partition wizard. Both methods ended with windows 10 not able to boot. All windows 10 files were restored & I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. doe Back up and Restore (Windows 7)s work with W10