Windows 10: Windows 7 backup/restore

Discus and support Windows 7 backup/restore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IvanDenisovich, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows 7 backup/restore

I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to weekdays? Thanks for any help.

:)

IvanDenisovich, Jul 16, 2020

2. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Backup question

Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 HP. I've used the backup and restore feature to backup on an external drive, and I've also burned a copy of the restore software that it wished me to burn onto a CD. My question is, if ever my PC fails or something and I need to restore my files, will I need anything beyond the external drive and the backup CD? Or will I need the original OS CD as well? I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista but I don't have my Vista disc anymore (lost it a long time ago), which basically means the Windows 7 upgrade disc shouldn't work either (to be honest, I haven't touched the disc in nearly a year so I don't really know where the W7 update disc is either :/). Thanks.

runevirage, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows 7 backup/restore

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 backup/restore

1. Windows 7 backup/restore - Similar Threads - backup restore

2. How long would a backup and restore process take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long would a backup and restore process take?: So I have had so many problems with my current laptop and i simply do not have the luxury of buying a new one. In fact im trying to save up for a PC. Now I want to do a factory reset, but I dont know how long will it take to back up the essentials, meaning not loose my media,...
  3. Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool: Hello. I used the "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool to create a system back-up of my Windows 10 on an external hard drive:After I had to reinstall Windows, I attempted to restore these files; however, I see the message, "Windows could not find a backup for this computer."...
  4. Neither File History nor Backup and Restore successfully work

Neither File History nor Backup and Restore successfully work: Unfortunately, attemping to backup my files to an external drive using either program doesn't seem to work. Though there is no problem manually copying files over to the drive, the backup options with File History show the size of backup being 0 bytes, regardless of which...
  5. Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup?

Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup?: Hello, there.I have some questions about the "System Restore Point"Some virus or command can delete "System Restore Point".I wish to protect "System Restore Point" from those situations by backup or save that on an external drive.I want to know backup or save "System Restore...
  6. Lost restore point for backuped files

Lost restore point for backuped files: I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string...
  7. 20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup: I've been using freefilesync to mirror my users/me (and users/wife) folders and wonder how to restore should I need to. The first thing that occurs to me is to reverse the backup process but I wonder how to go about it. I don't foresee having to do this short of a hard...
  8. How to delete backup and restore Job?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to delete backup and restore Job?: Hi all, could someone please tell me how to delete a backup and restore job (in the windows 7 backup and restore) I can easily delete any backups, but I cannot figure out how to actually delete the job, all I seem to be able to do is turn off the schedule.. Once I get around...
  9. Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...

Trying to restore Windows 10 backup image to a new hard drive but keep getting error...: My hard drive failed last week, so I purchased a replacement 3.5'' Sata drive of the same size 1TB and installed it in my computer.I have been trying to do a system image restore from my backup drive from an image that was created the week before my hard drive...
  10. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...