Windows 10: Windows 7 Backup

Discus and support Windows 7 Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Installed Windows October 2018 Update yesterday (4/10/18) and was immediately unable to complete a Backup through Windows 7 Backup (media is write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Al Leonard, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 7 Backup

Installed Windows October 2018 Update yesterday (4/10/18) and was immediately unable to complete a Backup through Windows 7 Backup (media is write protected); however able to backup via File History ok, and completed system image with no problems (so media is not write protected); tried everything (Services.msc; diskpart for both disk and volume; re-formatted etc etc) but nothing helped. Much prefer to use the Windows 7 backup system, since i do not wish to backup every day! Anyone able to help?

:)

Al Leonard, Oct 5, 2018

2. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Oct 5, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

I got you all beat.

Step 1, there is no step 1.

Step 2, there is no step 1.

You already have win7.

PopcornMachine, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 Backup

1. Windows 7 Backup - Similar Threads - Backup

2. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  3. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  4. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  5. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  6. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  7. How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?

How do I combine a disk that was used for system backup into one disk?: I have s dis that was used for a System Backup and I want to remove all Recovery partitions and make one diskI know how to extend partitions, but I have no Idea what must be done in this instance to make one Basic Data Partition. Any help would be greatly ap-preciated....
  8. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  9. Onedrive sync and backup

Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  10. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing