Windows 10: Windows 7 dell touchpad

Discus and support Windows 7 dell touchpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The touchpad does not disable when mouse is connected. Very sensitive! I have had this happen before but forgot how I corrected it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LITTLEGRAN, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Windows 7 dell touchpad

The touchpad does not disable when mouse is connected. Very sensitive! I have had this happen before but forgot how I corrected it.

:)

LITTLEGRAN, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Windows 7 dell touchpad [​IMG]

Josie23, Dec 14, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 14, 2021
  4. Windows 7 dell touchpad

Enabling touchpad windows 10 Dell laptop

Hi Amy,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

A lot of Dell touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Further, follow these steps to check if that helps:

• In the Search box, type touchpad.

• Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

Note: When there is no Touchpad toggle look for Additional mouse options at the bottom of the page.

• Touch or click Additional mouse options.

• Touch or click the Dell Touchpad or Click Pad tab.

Touch or click the link, Click to change Dell Touchpad settings, there may be an option to enable or disable the Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 7 dell touchpad

1. Windows 7 dell touchpad - Similar Threads - dell touchpad

2. audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help: audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-speaker-output-and-touchpad-driver-dell/e172a411-3063-49a4-a6c5-bc92e63f0b70
  3. audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help: audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-speaker-output-and-touchpad-driver-dell/e172a411-3063-49a4-a6c5-bc92e63f0b70
  4. audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dell laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Dell laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]: [IMG]This article shows how to troubleshoot and fix the issue if your Dell laptop touchpad is not working. Some of the possible causes of this problem are a corrupt touchpad driver, the touchpad being disabled, a hardware fault, etc. Fix Dell laptop Touchpad not working If...
  6. I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...: I2C HID DEVICE ERROR AND HID COMPLIANT MOUSE KS MISSING .how to solve this problem I have tried many ways but not solved .my laptop is dell Inspiron 3580 i5 8th gen...
  7. I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...: I2C HID DEVICE ERROR AND HID COMPLIANT MOUSE KS MISSING .how to solve this problem I have tried many ways but not solved .my laptop is dell Inspiron 3580 i5 8th gen...
  8. I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...
  10. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...