Windows 10: Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps

Discus and support Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JCTN, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JCTN Win User

Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps

Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a full upgrade is supported including retaining apps and settings and data:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths

Every attempt so far has the option to retain apps grayed out. I've removed anti-virus software, ensured that the latest Win7 updates are installed, verified that US-en is set up for language, etc.

I see lots of comments that updating to a different edition is not supported, yet the chart clearly shows it is.

What's the secret for making this work?

:)

JCTN, Oct 7, 2019
  2. JCTN Win User

Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a full upgrade is supported including retaining apps and settings and data:

Windows 10 upgrade paths (Windows 10)

Every attempt so far has the option to retain apps grayed out. I've removed anti-virus software, ensured that the latest Win7 updates are installed, verified that US-en is set up for language, etc.

I see lots of comments that updating to a different edition is not supported, yet the chart clearly shows it is.

What's the secret for making this work?

3. Uplink10 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps - Similar Threads - Enterprise Education Upgrade

2. Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise: Dear support, our company bought several PCs that came with Windows 7 Ultimate for Embedded Systems pre-installed with a valid license key (also in form of a sticker). The PCs were bought between 2014 and 2018. Due to end of support for Windows 7 we started to look for...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education: After updating Windows 10 to v1903 Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-turns-into-education/a3c76a3a-241d-48ff-a1ea-21ebb5d31db7"
  4. Windows 10 Education- Repair Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education- Repair Upgrade: I recently had various problems with Windows, So I'm going to perform a repair upgrade. Recently I upgraded to version 1903. I'm currently using Windows 10 Education 64bit edition. I don't want to lose my personal files and apps. Just want to fix problems. How do I do that?...
  5. Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without product key

Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without product key: Hi All, I hope you can help. Our company previously used the old MS MAK licensing however, about 6 months ago we moved to Windows CSP licensing. We were originally told that machines using the old MAK keys won't be effected and will continue to work. Just over a month ago...
  6. Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education

Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education: Hello, I am a student and I'm currently using a non-genuine Windows 7 and I would like to know if I qualify for the paid Windows 10 Educational upgrade. I am mainly concerned that since my Windows is not genuine I could not upgrade with that purchase. Thanks in advance....
  7. Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Today, we are announcing Windows Virtual Desktop, the best virtualized Windows and Office experience delivered on Azure. Windows Virtual Desktop is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimized for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 educational

Upgrading to Windows 10 educational: I cannot upgrade my Windows 10 Pro to the new 10 Education because I receive an error "The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn’t supported by this tool." I didn’t get any errors when upgraded to Windows 10 Home and then to Windows...
  9. Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10

Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10: Hi there. I am having a Windows 7 Enterprise VL installation and i want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate key but i dont want to reinstall the whole system. Too many apps and configuration. Is there a way to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro? 11945
  10. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? 48354