Windows 10: Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps

Discus and support Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JCTN, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JCTN Win User

Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps

Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a full upgrade is supported including retaining apps and settings and data:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths

Every attempt so far has the option to retain apps grayed out. I've removed anti-virus software, ensured that the latest Win7 updates are installed, verified that US-en is set up for language, etc.

I see lots of comments that updating to a different edition is not supported, yet the chart clearly shows it is.

What's the secret for making this work?

:)

JCTN, Oct 7, 2019
  2. JCTN Win User

Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a full upgrade is supported including retaining apps and settings and data:

Windows 10 upgrade paths (Windows 10)

Every attempt so far has the option to retain apps grayed out. I've removed anti-virus software, ensured that the latest Win7 updates are installed, verified that US-en is set up for language, etc.

I see lots of comments that updating to a different edition is not supported, yet the chart clearly shows it is.

What's the secret for making this work?

3. Uplink10 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps - Similar Threads - Enterprise Education Upgrade

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Education: I am currently a student using Windows 10 Home. One of my assignments require me to check my Local Security Policy on my PC, which isn't available on Windows 10 Home. The school gave me a product key for Windows 10 Education to upgrade from Home. When I enter the product key...
  3. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my wife's laptop from Windows 7 Enterprise Edition SP1 which she got at her previous academic institution to Windows 10 Education Edition which we purchased via her current academic institution. I would like to do so by updating the existing...
  4. Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation

Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation: I just upgraded from Windows 7 enterprise to Windows 10 enterprise and can't activate it. How do I get a digital liscence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-7-enterprise-to-10-enterprise/d10b9b2b-2d9d-4111-b8f8-485b514f7554"
  5. How do I upgrade from windows 7 enterprise to windows 10 enterprise?

How do I upgrade from windows 7 enterprise to windows 10 enterprise?: I purchased a windows 10 enterprise activation key and having trouble upgrading from windows 7 enterprise. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-windows-7-enterprise-to/0f713a6a-8b62-4e46-a729-d8e58cdb2d26"
  6. Upgrade doesn't work from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade doesn't work from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise: Hello everyone, As the topic states, for weeks i'm struggling to upgrade my Windows 7 Enterprise PC to Windows 10 Enterprise PC. I have tried almost every image that exists, from VLSC(Volume Licensing Service Center), official Microsoft ISO image, FileHippo, Rufus and many...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education: After updating Windows 10 to v1903 Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-turns-into-education/a3c76a3a-241d-48ff-a1ea-21ebb5d31db7"
  8. Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without product key

Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without product key: Hi All, I hope you can help. Our company previously used the old MS MAK licensing however, about 6 months ago we moved to Windows CSP licensing. We were originally told that machines using the old MAK keys won't be effected and will continue to work. Just over a month ago...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 educational

Upgrading to Windows 10 educational: I cannot upgrade my Windows 10 Pro to the new 10 Education because I receive an error "The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn’t supported by this tool." I didn’t get any errors when upgraded to Windows 10 Home and then to Windows...
  10. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? 48354